• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEWBIE TIPS and TRICKS!?? help please!

B
Nov 14, 2014
hey guys! i just got my timbersled and cant wait to try it out this season.
i got a ST kit on my 2013 KXF450

i am just looking for any tips on riding apparel thats reccommended that would be different than snowmobiling? footwear?

also any bike modifications that should be done before my first trip to the mtns! regarding temps? gearing? cold starts? tools? rad mods? airbox? motor oil? air filters?? handwarmers? hand guards?

whats everybody doing to their bikes? looking for tips from the guys who have been doin this for a few years and know what works!! thanks alot everybody! fire away!!

I'm a newbe also but i've had a few rides in allready, oil is huge on the YZ i run honda 0-30 and the thing fires right up. It sat in my trialer for 2 days and single digit temps in morning 4 or 5 kicks and was running, i put on moose atv hand warmers (thin wrap under your grips) very happy for the $45. For the gear i think everybody is diffrent try what you have and see if it works. Have fun

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Lot of info already on here especially for the Kawi. Bike mods that I have on my kawi would be pod filter intake, rad blocks, thermostat, fuel controller, fork springs, coolant temp gauge. I think that is all I have done and it runs good.

B
Nov 14, 2014
I'm a newbe also but i've had a few rides in allready, oil is huge on the YZ i run honda 0-30 and the thing fires right up. It sat in my trialer for 2 days and single digit temps in morning 4 or 5 kicks and was running, i put on moose atv hand warmers (thin wrap under your grips) very happy for the $45. For the gear i think everybody is diffrent try what you have and see if it works. Have fun

thanks for the reply! what powers those hand warmers? and where did you get em?

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Thats alot of subjects you asked questions about. It pretty much overwhelms people. Start reading threads that sound interesting, then do some specific searches, then you'll have learned alot and can start single topic threads, which will probably get alot of responses. My advice is to get out and ride before you buy a whole lotta stuff, that you maynot need.

Premium Features