• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to me 2012 prormk 800 sc pros and cons

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
Just pick up a 2012 with 2000 miles and a fresh top end came with two tunnel bags and an under the seat bag and dealer gave me another year warranty has new top end but didn't need it. Paid 6500 out the door is that a good deal? Took it out for a few hours and I'm still in awe! Never rode anything like it! Talk about a mountain goat! Any must dos and things to look for? Plan to add the vent to the oil tank asap! Should I pull the sway bar like I did on my old sled? Does it help it side better? If at all possible ?!? Cut the backs of the skis as well? Hard to think it could be better!

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Running boards, seat, turn up the oil pump, gear it down a little. Ride the hell out of it.

Mar 10, 2013
I did the Burandt Boards, float 3s up front, removed the swaybar, and did stiffer skid springs. I am 180lbs and would constantly bottom out have not rode with the new springs yet hope it helps! I also just did the RKTek replacement pistons, I am at 1700 miles and when I got the head off I was shocked how much I could rock the pistons! IMO anyone of the Fix it kits should be done weather its RKTek, MTNTK ,or Bikeman, just dont wait to long and break a piston or cylinder skirt and make the cost go way up.

Just saw your extra year of warranty, once that is gone do the Fix it kit.

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Turn up oiler and do the running boards, I did the HD Burandt boards. If your dealer gave you a warranty you might not want to turn up the oiler yourself, it might be worth a couple of bucks to have him do it. Jmo.

The only other thing you need to do is ride ride ride!
I wish I was your age again and had the sleds of today!

Premium Features