• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

????????gloves??????????

G
Jan 16, 2008
Mantua utah
who really likes there gloves? I have a pair of klim riding gloves but they get soaking a?? wet and I find my self having to ring them out all the time but I really like that they are comfortable and not bulky at all so does anybody recommened any other brand to give a shot?

M

M-niner

Nov 27, 2007
Black Hills, SD
I wear Cabellas Pinnacles to get to where we are going. When we drop of the trail I switch to Klim Powercrosses or Lizard Skins. Usually those are soaked before the ride back and switch back to the Cabellas Pinnacles for the ride back to the cabin or trailer. If you can live without the Klim name the Pinnacles are comparable to the Klim Togs and about $20.00 cheaper

A
Jul 27, 2001
Meridian, ID
I bought a pair of True North Adventure gloves and I love them. So far they have been through heck and back and my hands have yet to get wet! They have a pretty big gauntlet on them, so I figured they would be bulky, but they aren't. Lightweight, warm and waterproof. I'd buy another.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
another vote for the cabelas pinnacles....Extremely water proof and tough as nails. Carry a pair of mechanics gloves for when it gets too warm.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Rather than a brand lets focus on construction and material.

I think the best gloves are ones with an outer "shell" and then you wear an internal "soft" glove.

I have an outer shell glove and "multiple" inner shell glove liners of various thickness to wear at temperatures.

So I can chage out the liners to adjust to the temperatures. Plus these liners can be removed and wased without damaging the expernal; leather exterior shell glove.

For the liners I go with a synthetic micro fleece inner and a POLARTEC exterior or COOLMAX or GORE-TEX for wicking.

Wet hands .... take off gloves remove liners ... wring out moisture (if any) and reuse. Really nice stuff.

The best exterior glove material today IMHO is SCHOELLER SHELL FABRIC.

It is made of Codura , Lycra and other polymides.

There are various forms of SCHOELLER special fabrics.

So a glove can have multi layers of various SCHOELLER materials.

the two best suited for us is DRYSKIN , DYNAMIC and KEPROTEC

The aramide-fabric with space technology. Five times stronger than steel, gram for gram. Extremly tear and abrasion resistant. Fashionable looks, comfortable, durable , flexible and easy to care for.

For the PALMS and figertips... PITTARDS ARMORTAN ... special treated mountain goat leather designed for rock and rope rappelling.

Find a glove with these material and you will really appreciate the technology.

AND yes NASA uses these materials for space suit gloves.

S

sodfarmer

Dec 5, 2007
I wear Gorgonz insulated mechanics gloves. They are tough and keep my hands dry most of the time. I also keep a couple extra pairs in my backpack another pair of mechanics gloves and some thicker waterproof ones to keep me warm on the colder days on the trail in and out.

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I wear Klim Togwotee gloves and my hands stay warm and dry, largely due to the inner layer. My biggest complaint is that when the outer shell gets wet, (and they will if you have to dig...hmmmm...think I found my problem!), if it's cold, the leather ices up and it's sometimes hard to hold on. At least until the grip warmers melt the ice!
Some of my friends don't like the two part construction because they can be difficult to put on, but you get used to it.
I stuff my gloves under the hood when we stop for a break. This helps keep them dry and takes care of the icing problem.
As everybody else mentioned, try different ones and go with what's comfortable for you.
M-niner has a good idea...take two pair, one for the hill and one for the ride to and from the hill.

M
I just got the Klim Powerxross glove and love em. Can dig in the snow all day and the inside stays dry. There a little thin so you need the hand warmers and bring a extra thicker set in case the hand warmer quit. They are Gortex that is the key!

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I just got the Klim Powerxross glove and love em. Can dig in the snow all day and the inside stays dry. There a little thin so you need the hand warmers and bring a extra thicker set in case the hand warmer quit. They are Gortex that is the key!

No kidding. I just got these, have worn them for about 2 weeks, digging myself out plenty of times. And they've never been wet, even sweat seems to evaporate cause my hands stay DRY. They don't give me blisters like my snowboarding gloves do. The material is pretty tough so they block wind ok, but I sometimes need warmer ones for the trail. I love them, even though they are spendy, hopefully they last.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I am a little old school, but I wear nothing but leather gloves. I have never found textile gloves that I liked. I mink oil them at the start of the season, a couple times during the season. Stuck at home, but I should be GONEHUNTNPOWDER.

S
Nov 29, 2007
Asotin Washington
Gloves

Tried Arctiva. Fell apart the 2nd ride. Could not take them back as they were a gift and the giver did not keep the reciept. Arctiva says this is their policy, but under the circumstances they would send me a new pair in August or September when the new style came out as they were out of stock on mine. Left 3 messages for the regional rep. No answer back. No gloves. Nice.

Currently wear HMK. Never wet, seems to be holding up well, comfortable. The liners however seem to be cheap. What can a guy say. Seems like almost everything is made in CHINA !

T
Nov 26, 2007
Rigby ID
I wear some joe rocket ones I got from Outlet for outdoors in Idaho Falls,
they seem to be pretty good, I wore out a pair and replaced them this year
and have no issues...only like 20 bucks too.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
TNA.

Fox Therma Paw

Do a search. Lots of love to TNA and great service.

Fox, spendy for thin gloves, but work and work well....

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
who really likes there gloves? I have a pair of klim riding gloves but they get soaking a?? wet and I find my self having to ring them out all the time but I really like that they are comfortable and not bulky at all so does anybody recommened any other brand to give a shot?

I have some Klim Klimate gloves, they seem to do a good job, as well as my True Adventure gear ones as well but when it all comes down to it they do get wet by the end of the day on the outside, not to where you can ring them out but the outer layers get wet. I think my hands stay dry unless I put them in the gloves wet? Can't really remember a time where my hands were wet as well.

I do carry spares in the pack though because riding home with nice dry gloves is the best, no freezing up and becoming stiff or anything.

Premium Features