• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 front end?

Upgrade?

• Yes plan on upgrading

Votes: 92 72.4%
  • No waiting

Votes: 35 27.6%

• Total voters

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Decker, did you get a new sled?
I have mine torn into 500 pieces right now.
36" front end, manual chain adjuster, OSR jackshaft, and hy-vo chain/gears for this season.

I did been out twice snow is still poor :( but hoping to go out Friday, sat, sun,
how much longer till your up and running?

Last edited:
S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
I did been out twice snow is still poor :( but hoping to go out Friday, sat, sun,
how much longer till your up and running?

Oh I dunno. I might get it put back together this weekend. I have the manual chain tensioner finished up, and tomorrow I'm gonna finish up the jackshaft. Then I have some minor stuff I need to figure out, like adding the 2014+ coolant tank.
Nice sled, man!!! Your 2012 was about worn out. Is that sled you were telling me about last year? How's that 2016 front end? I can't wait to test mine out.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Oh I dunno. I might get it put back together this weekend. I have the manual chain tensioner finished up, and tomorrow I'm gonna finish up the jackshaft. Then I have some minor stuff I need to figure out, like adding the 2014+ coolant tank.
Nice sled, man!!! Your 2012 was about worn out. Is that sled you were telling me about last year? How's that 2016 front end? I can't wait to test mine out.

Yea that sled seen a lot of better days she was so thrashed, the 2016 is a huge improvement! Hit me up snow this weekend wasn't too bad at all!

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Fronted Upgrade

I used the Arctic Cat frontend upgrade kit on my 2014 M8000 LTD 153. I also went with the Fox EVOL Shox as well. I set it up in the widest stance figuring it would be an improvement and have more leftover if I wanted it. The setup worked awesome and I would highly recommend the upgrade. I am also considering the iceage Pro-Motion upgrade as well. Any thoughts for or against this upgrade?

R
Dec 7, 2015
I just put the 16 skis on my 15 all the way to the inside and got a 36 inch front end that way. 200 bucks for the skis and all the hardware is not bad.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
I just put the 16 skis on my 15 all the way to the inside and got a 36 inch front end that way. 200 bucks for the skis and all the hardware is not bad.

We've been looking at the new 2016 ski. And have talked with many aftermarket ski manu's about why they haven't don't the same. Keep getting the same answer, by off setting the ski so much puts a lot of torque and strain on the ski bolt and the potential of spindle damage and ski bolt failure is quite possible
Best way to go 36" wide is by narrowing the front end with a-arms

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
16 front end is great

Go oem for sure.
No sense is waisting your money on cheap aftermarket. The cat 16 front end is strong and works great. I have installed lots of kits and all love it.

attachment.php

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Go oem for sure.
No sense is waisting your money on cheap aftermarket. The cat 16 front end is strong and works great. I have installed lots of kits and all love it.
Did u shorten the shocks on all the sleds?
Have u tried riding the 16 front with 13-15 shock length?

GS6

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012

GS6

I have for four days. Took today off then riding for two more. Can't find and issue so far. Thought there'd be more ski pressure but no. Only thing is she's tippy in the turns on the trail but who cares much about that. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454223349.540603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Cut shocks

GS6

Yes I have cut all shocks. The way the front end works it's close. I figure for the money it's worth it. Also when we cut the shocks we revalue then so they are like fox 3 they work better.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
How many have rode the 16 front with stock 13-15 shocks then had them shortened and revalved and also ridden a 16 le with the evol shocks?
How do the shortened revalved shocks compare to the stock 16 evol shocks? Are the new shocks worth the money?

GS6

Last edited:

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
How many have rode the 16 front with stock 13-15 shocks then had them shortened and revalved and also ridden a 16 le with the evol shocks?
How do the shortened revalved shocks compare to the stock 16 evol shocks? Are the new shocks worth the money?

GS6

I have road both... To me if you adjust your shocks frequently for different rides, jump or charge whoops the evolves are nice... For me I like boondocking, trees and powder... So for me the regular foxes shortened were great.. That's what I ended up doing ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
What are you guys finding work best for your ski shock pressures?

I am at 57 PSI left and 55 PSI right currently on my 2015 with the stock Fox Float 3 shocks shortened up to work with the narrower front end.

I tried the ski width at 37" and it works OK but, I just put them back to 36" and figured I had best just learn how to ride the narrow front end.

What about on the rear? I just let my limiter straps out all the way but, the stroke of the stock shock now seems to be the limiting factor and not the limiter straps. This probably isn't good for shock longevity?

How many threads showing below the black lock ring on the front track shock are you guys finding to work best? I typically go from 8-12 threads showing.

Where do you like your rear track shock air pressure? I am at 130-135 PSI.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have the evols for the 16 and pumped them up to 65 in the main and 105 in the evol.
After the 3in track i loosened the front track shock to about 1/2" below nut and pupmed rear shock up to 145psi.

GS6

Premium Features