• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spy Photo of Turbo Performance Etec

U
I went by Bryce's shop today to get some parts and chit chat. He had a brand stankin new 2012 etec getting a turbo kit. Man the TP boys have some cool ideas that are going to rock! Bryce is probably going to kill me for posting this pic but while he and Josh were out talking I snapped a couple pics with my phone. Check out the billet aluminum intake boot with injectors and o-ring seal. No more worries about boots delaminating or pre-throttle body injectors. Also saw a boost-it box sitting on the shop bench. The sled was getting a Comp oilless turbo with tial housing and tial external wastegate. It's going to be SWEET!

IMG-20120207-00023.jpg IMG-20120207-00024.jpg

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Just got in from the shop and look what I see. ha ha. Somtimes it pays to cover sleds in the shop. :nono:

Well I better just anounce it now. :high5: :first:

Turbo Performance has and is now sending out the baddest etec turbo kits out.

If you want one let us know.

You get

* 2860 or 2871 Garret Turbo 6 or 9 lbs waste gate accuator
* Billet oil tank with site glass
* 10000 hr oil pump
* Braided stainless steel oil line
* 2 1/2 chrome down pipe mount in stock location
* Chrome 2 1/2 charge tubes with pre coolers
* billet intake boots with injectors(after throttle bodies, no more delamination)
* Aem 02 AFR
* boost gauge
* Gauge bracket
* oring air box billet front
* constant tension double ribbed clamps
* silicone
* high flow custom cold air intake with outwear
* fuel fittings
* Fuel box
* electrical plug and play
* Bellow rave valve fix
* adjustable turbo smart bov
* instructions
* primary clutch spring
* Pins and weights
* Turbo spec reeds
* coolant shut off valve

We have been working on the etecs since we got our first one in 2009. Taking all our xp knowledge and putting it in the etec kit. We have addressed all the issues that we know of. Our sled has over 3800 boosted miles on it. We have tried everything under the sun on it. Working very hard testing, testing, and more testing. Finally we are sending them out the door. We have put tons of thought in this kit. The Best over all performance and reliability was what we were looking for.

Our first run is gone out the door already. We have started on our second run of parts. Alot of interest in them from our good customers. So they will go fast also. I will take money down if you want to get on the list.

You can also go with a few upgrades or add ons if you wish, but there is not much more that you need to do to this kit.

Some upgrades are Comp turbo self lubricated or Garrett 2867, tial housing, external waste gate, & water to air(to come). These all have extra cost.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Are you using the Boost It fuel system? You have a GTX2867? Had a chance to try it yet? They sound like there gonna be BA

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Etec kit is looking good. On a carb XP, will a person have to run fuel injection over the carbs w/ the billet intake? Thought there were some harmonic issues and fuel foaming if still trying to run powerjets. Either way, looks awesome. How much are they going to run and when will they be available? I haven't had carb boot issues since putting on the girdles, but I am sure it is just a matter of time. Stock boots are pretty flimsy.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Yes it is a boost it box. We tried every box we could get our hands on and even built a couple of our own. Tried stand alone and double etec injectors.

This box is the best that we have found for the end user. Total control and not to complicated.

Should be a great combo.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Etec kit is looking good. On a carb XP, will a person have to run fuel injection over the carbs w/ the billet intake? Thought there were some harmonic issues and fuel foaming if still trying to run powerjets. Either way, looks awesome. How much are they going to run and when will they be available? I haven't had carb boot issues since putting on the girdles, but I am sure it is just a matter of time. Stock boots are pretty flimsy.

We finally got the flow right in these. The problem was not the fuel it was the resonating sound wave. It was so strong that it would split the fuel and push it to the sides and slow down the charge to the case. Making the sled hard to tune. Tried a lot of different combos and is working good.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Some cool stuff with the etec kit. I like the O ring parts and billet bodies. assuming it holds to the vibration, which i'm sure it does, that eliminates alot of potential issues.

Liquid to air for an intercooler would be awesome. Even if its just plummed on the cold side of the return. It just makes too much sense in sled application. Not to mention the deto controll and power it makes.

So Here's my question. I'm not interested in how much horsepower i can make. I'm not interested in being the fastest sled on the mountain. I'm not interested in buying leaded fuels.

I am interested in a setup that gets me 50-55 mph track speed at 9000+ feet, basically pull the rope or hit the start button, fill it up with gas from any station, preferably 87 octane, and ride. And not have to spend 4-6 hrs of service and repair for every 100 miles. Something i can load back into the trailer. Park it. Hook back up 3 days later, gas er up, and ride, again.

I want my sled to run up high like it does at low elevation. I don't want aftermarket pistons, heads or any of that jazz. Parts need to bolt up, and can be taken back to stock if needed. Retarding the timing and a head cut are about as far as i want to go internally in the engine.

Can this setup do that?

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
we tried the boost it on the trash kit, never seamed to freindly there, dobec box going backon soon, hope you have better luck

hope to see it out before the end of the season

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
there is a ton of politics with the etec-dobeck box, boondocker box, and others, we made our own box using a doebeck box and was told that if that box ended up on a etec to the end user we would end up in court. That was using the gen 3 box. We also built a box that worked out of a old tfi box. but still a doebeck box.

Brp has bought the rights to everybox out there that a normal customer can buy. With the boost it and our trials it works great!!. It is simple, and you can get support from more than just us if something happens to us.

So when you look at something from a Volume/Manufacturing stand point you have to go with that product.

jmo :face-icon-small-hap

M
Nov 13, 2008
Thoughts

Bryce, can you give your thoughts & R&D experience on the carb setup vs the etec setup. Performance & reliability of the two setups?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
we tried the boost it on the trash kit, never seamed to freindly there, dobec box going backon soon, hope you have better luck

hope to see it out before the end of the season
Hey Fred, even though your buddy never bought the XIC from me, I will be more than happy to give him what he paid for it.

I am sure that these guys will have the ETEC flying in no time because they know how to tune. They actually understand what a sled motor wants and needs.

From talking to a few people that have ridden with you Fred, you do not understand tuning very well, so you are not really qualified to comment. I think we should leave it at that.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Harsh NM, funny though. Is your setup still w/ dials? can't get much easier than that. That is why I love my carb turbo, Cat I am working on is a pain in the a** in comparison.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Instead of giving some support on the product you bash a guy for trying it! Stand up company!

How did I know that was coming. I havn't posted on Snowest for 3 months because of this crap.
I guess this is my last post ever!!! See ya Snowest

Way to many people that have no idea what is going on throwing out there 2 cents.

Premium Features