• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Proclimb M153 on the scales (pic) 11lbs over the 11

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Weight Distribution

Everybody on this thread so far has posted some very valid arguments on both sides. But another thing to think about is not only how much more one sled weighs then the other. (30 to 40 Lbs Possibly?) But where is the extra weight distributed throughout the chassis? If it is distributed evenly it may not be as big of deal as one might think. If the majority of it is from the toe holes forward it could be the opposite. If I had a T1100 on order I wouldn't be as concerned as if I had a M800 and didn't plan to add boost. Because then there is a CHANCE you could be buying an underpowered-over weight sled in comparison. Boost tends to be an eqalizer.:face-icon-small-ton

J

jake432

Sep 25, 2010
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Its not about weight in my opinion its how the sled handles my xp was supposed to way 40 lbs less than an arctic cat and all I hear about arctic cats is how well they sidehill and boondock and Ive had to do some tweakin on mine just to hold a side hill, but the only time you will feel the weight is when your getting it unstuck or lifting it up.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
ok...so something to think about here is did the pro gain weight after a year of being out in the field? will the 12 pro be a couple pounds heavier?

so using the weights listed it would make them as follows

12 cat 489
11 pro 456
09 xp 460

i added 11 lbs to the 2011 if you were wondering where these number came from... all in all not too worried about the weight....

however if I was a poo loyalist it's prob all I would talk about everytime a cat guy got stuck :becky:

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Ok, heres the thread I was looking for. And it's Eric W weighing the pro on the same scale as this proclimb! Enjoy!!!!!

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2454032

Jay is about as full of sht as snowmobiler is!

ProClimb weighs 34-37lbs more then the Pro RMK!

2011rmkonscale.jpg

Last edited:
H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
It's official the season has started, Let the gamesmanship begin! I for one am happy!:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
9 times out of 10 if you loose weight you have strength issues.

Look at the Nytros when they came out, the XP's when they came out...

Id buy a heavier bulletproof sled if they had the option... Ill take the challange:face-icon-small-ton

C

camocat1000

Jan 30, 2010
Buffalo,MN
I have to agree with sled freak the poo's are cracking tunnels and running boards and without the front cooler there is a cooling issue IMO...you can make the sled as light as you want but will it hold together.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Whats the 162 gonna weigh? Honestly, fill it to the brim with oil and fuel and we will have a number thats relevant. Otherwise, keep them dry and argue that a pro doesnt weigh 436 or a proclimb cant weigh 495.
Wet weight total will tell you what you start the ride with. At the end of the day its 65# lighter.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--You can deduct at least a pound for the ratchet straps and the giant hook shown in the first post:face-icon-small-win

B

B C

Nov 26, 2007
Montucky
Wow, you know it's the dog days of summer when every fawking thread in the AC section turns into a Pro bash fest.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Cat was pretty open at SnowShoot about the fact that their goal was to get to a single chassis platform for both flatland and mountain sleds. The M chassis was pretty light compared to the F series stuff from years past. So moving to a new chassis that they can use for both segments benefited the flatlanders... the new F800 is like 60lbs lighter than the '11 was.

Does that plan to be on a single chassis hurt the possibilities to build a lighter mountain sled? Maybe so.

I rode the Pro Climb 800 at snowshoot and compared it to the '11 M8... the Pro Climb was almost as good as the '11 M8 was off trail in the powder, about the same down the trail. If they tweak on it a bit more from SnowShoot trim then I could see it performing like the '11 M8 did.

How that then compares to the Doo and Poo is up for debate I suppose.

sled_guy

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Ok, heres the thread I was looking for. And it's Eric W weighing the pro on the same scale as this proclimb! Enjoy!!!!!

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2454032

Jay is about as full of sht as snowmobiler is!
Obviously advertised weight is dry weight....been they way for years with sleds, dirtbikes, boats, cars, etc....unless this is your first beer?

Read a few posts down in that same thread:

"So, for a true dry weight (no coolant, no injection oil, no gasoline) the published numbers are pretty accurate (436 lbs)
I figure 1 gallon of gas (about 7 lbs), 1 gallon of coolant (about 8 lbs), 1 qt of injection oil (2 lbs)... about 17lbs total in fluids....
452 -17 ... 435lbs dry.....
Good to see some accurate weights from the factory for a change."

Polaris calls it 431 so within 4lbs....sounds like a reasonable margin for error on those estimated liquid weights. Or even if it is 4 or 5lbs heavier, that is about as close as I've seen a manufacturer get. And using the numbers in this thread and that one....the Pro is 38lbs less (Unless 490 - 452 equals something other than 38lbs in ACMtnCat world?) than this proclimb on the same scale, with roughly the same fluids, any way you slice it. Is that substantial? Well, guys would spend good money trying to get rid of that. I really don't care either way....they're all junk to me....but gotta call it like it is.

Last edited:
Premium Features