• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 M7 Oil line pinched?

B
Oct 14, 2008
Elkford B.C
just took my sled out today and it blew up within the first 2 mins i recently just took the carbs off and put v force reeds in and jetted it leaner from 340 main jets to 360 mains and the changed the needle setting down to 2 from 3 setting and when i just took off the carbs tonight i looked at the oil line that was going from the oil resevoir to the oil pump it was pinched.

im wondering if i leaned the sled out too much with that jet and needle setting or if it was the oil line? does it make sensce to lean the sled when putting v force reeds on?

oil pump cable is also sticking to wide open...anyway to fix this problem?

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
the m sled dont act up much with the v reeds so with this said i bet the oil line got ya. look at the pistons are they dry? or just lean

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Oil line. I actually know someone that did the same thing putting reeds in they accidentally pinched off the oil line. It was brand new so it ran fine the first tank cause it was already premixed but when that was gone it blew. Sorry hear about your misfortune.

B
Oct 14, 2008
Elkford B.C
yeh i do beleive the oil line was pinched when i put the carbs back on after i changed my reeds and i took it out soon as i got it all together and it ran fine must of been because of the oil that was still in the crank and jugs then that got burnt up and then ran itself dry of oil cause the line was pinched

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Post pics of pistons/jugs... Lean on fuel and lean on oil will be 2 different burndowns... You can usually tell by looking at the pistons.
You wouldn't want to assume it was oil and find out you had an air leak or fuel related problem.

Premium Features