• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black smoke.........

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
What is it with idiots who think making thier deisel pickups blow black smoke is cool??? Lately I have seen more and more people doing this.

Yesterday I was driving up hwy 20 and this guy in front of me (with a sled deck I might add..) was driving along and every couple of minutes he would floor it and I could see him looking out the side mirror so see how much it would smoke.He would laugh and smile each time.It was putting out thick black smoke like no tomorrow...:mad: It was a newer silver dodge..

With the way things are now we don't need to give the greenies any more reasons to regulate what we can drive.People keep doing this and they will make it so we are not allowed to modify our cars or trucks at all.

There is no reason to tune a truck to blow smoke like that.You can make good power without being stupid.

Last edited:
B
Oct 26, 2003
It's a common occurrence. It looks cool to some I guess. Drove through Yellowstone last summer and the quak in front of me did it every quarter mile. Cool.

Not much different IMO than driving with your fog lights on when it's clear and unlimited visibility. Cool.

Last edited:
P
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
They must have alot of money I guess to blow all that diesel out the tailpipe. The sad thing is if they modded it right it would blow less black smoke and make more power for the fuel it's using. Who's the cool one now???

O
Jan 14, 2008
MN
yep the guys around where i live think its cool... at least you know who tried to mod there truck but cant get the mixtures right...

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
yep the guys around where i live think its cool... at least you know who tried to mod there truck but cant get the mixtures right...

its some douche bag that buys a 150, 200, 250hp programer and has the stock turbo thats maybe good for a realistic 50 hp up-rate. they think its so fast now because it smokes....like the ricer guys that have the coffee can muffler.....loud = fast??

it will be the end of the hot rod diesel....and that sucks.

N
Apr 7, 2008
Litchfield, MN
Because its COOL. NOT. With diesel in MN here at $2.90/gal I dont know who could afford to dump all that fuel to look cool. My 7.3 PS smokes just a small bit on full open & runs like a champ. Had a Ford diesel mechanic for 25 yrs replace the tranny & he said it was the strongest 7.3 PS he ever drove. It gets 400 miles on the 25 gallon tank dry & 325-350 miles with my gooseneck with 3 horses. Its definately a keeper, without the smoke.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
The only time i abuse the smoke treatment, is if a POFS tailgater disregards my first two warning brake checks. Third times a charm. My truck dumps fuel to get the turbo spooled, then runs clean and hard through the range. Sounds like buddy is a bit of a douche, that needs to grow up a bit yet.

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
x2, mine only dumps until the turbo is spooled up then cleans out. I have had a$$hole tailgaters in convertables that won't let off and yeah it is a bit funny suiting them out, but mine will not run constantly smoking nor do I just get on it all the time to see it smoke.

P
Mar 21, 2009
Kennewick, Wa
it will be the end of the hot rod diesel....and that sucks.

Exactly! Its the idiots who blackout intersections that are gonna get our DHRA sport shut down. There is a place and time for it, anywhere but the strip, dyno, or shop is just unnecessary IMO. Im goin down to TS Outlaw event this year, there, for the first time, will be a "Clean Diesel Challenge" Its an event centered around making the most horse power with the least amount of smoke. Lots of people are really excited about it, its gonna take us down an entirely new path of diesel performance

Cowboy Steve

S

skooter

Dec 11, 2007
Montana
when your new 08 ford 6.4 is only getting 7mpg and doesn,t smoke what is the difference except you can,t see the black smoke because of the dpf.

P
Mar 21, 2009
Kennewick, Wa
This whole gripe sounds like GREENIES COMPLAINING..:eek:

BIG

:rolleyes: While I don't know these people, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that every one's general concern is the fact that a handful of idiots is gonna ruin a sport a lot of us enjoy. Its not necessary to roll through town and blow smoke all over pedestrians at a bus stop or people with their windows down. It is not necessary and it most definitely has a reverse effect, while you may think people say "oh cool, check that out big diesel truck out" they most likely are saying "WTF! What a loser" So in the mean time, until laws are passed most of us have to sit by and watch idiots be careless with it until one day it will either be banned or you get cited for it.

Cowboy Steve

F
Jun 7, 2008
This whole gripe sounds like GREENIES COMPLAINING..:eek:

BIG

Thats a big 10/4! I blow smoke every chance I get...odds are if you get pissed about it, you're prolly some tree huggin fruit cake anyway and it brings a smile to my face to see you get your panties in a wad :D

"Real trucks dont have sparkplugs!"

Y
Nov 26, 2007
:rolleyes: While I don't know these people, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that every one's general concern is the fact that a handful of idiots is gonna ruin a sport a lot of us enjoy. Its not necessary to roll through town and blow smoke all over pedestrians at a bus stop or people with their windows down. It is not necessary and it most definitely has a reverse effect, while you may think people say "oh cool, check that out big diesel truck out" they most likely are saying "WTF! What a loser" So in the mean time, until laws are passed most of us have to sit by and watch idiots be careless with it until one day it will either be banned or you get cited for it.

Cowboy Steve
i agree 100%

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Great post powerstroked162.

Some people just don't get the damage a smoking truck does to our rights to modify our trucks.Soon we will not be able to open the hoods at all.....:(

P
Mar 21, 2009
Kennewick, Wa
i agree 100%

Great post powerstroked162.

Some people just don't get the damage a smoking truck does to our rights to modify our trucks.Soon we will not be able to open the hoods at all.....:(

Yep. Unfortunately for this younger generation of children, common sense is next to none, as is made aparent by some of the posts in this thread

Cowboy Steve

Premium Features