• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

halfway snow conditions

G
Dec 23, 2009
Gig Harbor WA
I am thinking of spending a few days around the 20<SUP>th</SUP> just checking on the snow conditions did they get any of the new snow that came through? Is it worth the dive form seattle? Never ridden in the area but thinking of staying at cornucopia lodge.

Last edited:
D
Dec 7, 2007
Headed down that way in a couple days. If I get around a computer I'll try and give you a report of what we find.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Monroe/Cle Elum, WA
My group just got back from 3 days in Halfway last week, the snow was piling up while there, best riding I've had this season. We found lots of stumps and rocks so use caution.

I also just got unofficial word this morning Search and Rescue is working on recovering two avalanche victims in the area.
Please exercise caution, word has it the area has received 5 to 6 feet of new snow this week.

6e10ab93-39d4-4c1c-86df-1e9bb3e9f211.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

c6a23555-a6bd-4981-b7d7-f0c4ba4ca7a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
We ended up riding the area just above the lodge mostly. The road around to fish lake has some exposure to slide zones and we stayed away. The snow was wet and deep but lots of fun. If you stay in the lodge don't pass up the play area's right up the hill. They have a great combo of tree's and clearings with ridges and ravines to play in.

Premium Features