• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$1,000 dollars what to buy????

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
my 11 155 pro is sweet the par head and mds clutching are great
i've saved up some $ for a few mods but i find myself having a hard time trying to pick what

3'' track and drivers?
raptor front shocks ? (have holtz fox rear)

or just ride it and enjoy ?

any ideas you all ?
please don't say crap like "save it your gonna need a engine soon" etc.
i'm still under warranty :face-icon-small-win

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--An RKT drop in kit would do more than just give reliability as it also adds balance and power. After that

you could still would have money to get a 2.6 power claw track(would also need to add drivers)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
If I wanted to mod my motor and couldnt afford either carls, dans, or brads big bore or a turbo, i would do this engine kit......
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318603
especially if I wanted more power and reliability.....now if I wasnt worried about the power/reliability, I would do a camo extreme with either a belt drive.. those are the mods that make a noticable diff in my opinion.........

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Depending on your riding style, shock upgrades go a long way IMO. However, if you just do the front, you will expose how spongy the back are. You can't do both the front and back for $1k unless you only upgrade the existing shocks with a revalve.

I have X1's all around and what a difference it does to the Pro!

R
Dec 28, 2009
Lynnwood, Wa
If you are wanting front suspension go exit. Better service than Raptor and a great product all around. In fact I just sold my Raptors...
If you are willing to spend a little more get the x1 track shock too. SOLID setup right there.

D
Oct 13, 2008
You could revalve existing shocks and do some aftermarket running boards. Smoother ride and no more problems with snow build up. May not be the performance upgrade you want, but the gain is still awsome and you would probably have enough money left over for a tied clutch depending on the boards you go with.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
If you don't have something already check out Feethookers running board inserts! Only 165 so you'll still have a lot of $$$$ left or other stuff.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Huh?

my 11 155 pro is sweet the par head and mds clutching are great
i've saved up some $ for a few mods but i find myself having a hard time trying to pick what

3'' track and drivers?
raptor front shocks ? (have holtz fox rear)

or just ride it and enjoy ?

any ideas you all ?
please don't say crap like "save it your gonna need a engine soon" etc.
i'm still under warranty :face-icon-small-win
Just ride and enjoy.:face-icon-small-hap
Take the grand, and go to Vegas and let it ride.:face-icon-small-con

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
ha ha nice one PRO 8250

thanks for the input all
shoot i guess i should have said i have burandt running boards all ready :face-icon-small-dis
thanks bug and ryan i'll look into exits (z bros) for the fronts
ak that northstar kit looks interesting i'll look more into it thanks

Last edited:
V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
If I wanted to mod my motor and couldnt afford either carls, dans, or brads big bore or a turbo, i would do this engine kit......
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=318603
especially if I wanted more power and reliability.....now if I wasnt worried about the power/reliability, I would do a camo extreme with either a belt drive.. those are the mods that make a noticable diff in my opinion.........

X2. AK is the man, he knows what he's talking about. I got my kit today, will be installing it tomorrow. Looks awesome.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
is a fuzzy navel the same as a hair navel cause i already got one of those:face-icon-small-win

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
Tore my 11 down to install the Northstar kit, the sled have 600 miles on it and the cylinders looked brand new not a skuff. The piston looked new other than the top and bottom corners were they rock. The northstar piston's are a nat's a$$ thicker and a lot taller. They have six little holes on the sides to let oil through. Good idea. Can't wait to go testing.

Last edited:
Premium Features