• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercharged Phazer air cleaner

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I just bought a supercharged Phazer which has what looks like an MPI supercharger, and it was ran with only the screen and obviously pulled some ice into the impeller and damaged it. What air cleaner are you guys with this setup running and where can I find the setup? I assume 90 degree turn and running up top with air cleaner?

Next question is what is best solution for nicked up impeller? Send to MPI?

Last edited:

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
Yea i have had the same problem. the original design puts the filter inside the cover and i kept getting water not ice from the radiator sucking in. So i put a PVC 90 and ran it up and out of the top of the side cover. I put a unifilter on with a snow sock over it probably not the best but it works. My impeller is also nicked on the tips but not a big deal dont notice any power differenc the only concern is if they are not all the same and it could get out of balance not worth spending 4K on a new unit might as well run it till if fails.

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
Are you sure its an MPI Kit because the picture shows to have an MC express kit which is turbo not a super. Maybe the pic is not related.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Oh crap! I posted wrong pic, the one I posted is of the turbo Phazer I have.

I made a mistake and did not buy your Phazer madbird and bought the cheaper one with 276 miles. Impeller is nicked up enough it vibrates while running so I think I will have to do something.

Should have bought yours.....:frusty:

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
superchargerrebuilds sells impellers and also does rebuilds for I think $450.00. I am going to contact them for cost on replacing just the impeller and will post my findings. Impeller is $195.00 but I am concerned I might not get the balance right.

Premium Features