• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KingCat Clutch Pins And Weights Question

M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
I am having a issue with the one Clutch Pin and weight every ride I need to replace left rubber o-ring on the same pin, the other two pins have no issues but for some reason this pin is eating up the o-ring, any thoughts MADDOGWFO

P1010080.jpg

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
Pretty common problem, I am surprised only one O ring flies off per ride. I replaced all my O rings with hard plastic washers from the hardware store. No problem with over 1500 miles on it. Did three more all with about 1500 miles on them and no problems.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
If its always the same one you either have a rough spot on the clutch or pin, or the pin and probably bushings are worn. Never tighten the nut all the way to the collar. Just tighten up to take the side play out and use loctite or a slef locking nut. Nylon washers from the hardware store do work well.

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Ya, go with the plastic washers

I would get the ones from the guy in spokane,(kidrman) if you dont have the tools to make your own. I made mine and have never lost one. Good plastic is a plus too. (teflon)

M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
Thanks Guys for Imput

Thanks Guys for the heads up and John I may take you up, hopefully we can get together for a ride soon, Lookout last weekend was the deepest snow I have rode in all year, two to three feet of freshies, MADDOGWFO

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I am planning on March 4th to have you show me around Lookout. We rode three days of untracked powder down in the Blues with anywhere from 1 to 3 feet of fresh. I finally feel like I can move today!

Premium Features