• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'13 Summit X track sag

B

bouchy24

Dec 6, 2011
No Man's Land, Montana
Is there a good way to tighten the slack on the track AND keep the alignment from getting out of wack? Also, how much sag between the rails and track is desierable?

When I picked up from the dealer there was about 2 finger width between the rails and the track which to me seemed like a lot. Now after about 700+ miles there is enough for almost 4 fingers, way too much.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
I don't see the challange. Loosen the axle clamp bolts, tighten the axle adjustment bolts an equal amount until track is tight, tighten axle clamp bolts. Run it a bit, check alignment of track on sliders, if it is out adjust one adjustment bolt and try it again.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
When you tension the track you always need to align at the same time.
I look at the distance between the track clips and the hyfax at the rear of the sled. If one side has a bigger gap you need to adjust the wheel on that side back another half turn or so, until both sides are equal.....or loosen the side with the smaller gap. Very simple once youve done it a couple times, 5-10 minute job.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have noticed that the XM tolerates a pretty wide range of track tension. In the first 300 or so miles the track will stretch a bit and if the dealer sets it up on the loose side it will be really loose. Like 4 fingers plus. Even that loose I haven't had a problem with the track ratcheting. My Pro is much more sensitive and I have to tun it way tighter to keep it from ratcheting, especially on the brakes.

Premium Features