• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Turbo Pro year 2

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
2011 TurboPro year 2

I have two sets of injectors and the stock oiling system completely disconnected.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Robbie, those are good updates. Good stuff to see and be aware of.

You're going to have to get together and ride with my Dad. You remember him from your old Gamma Phi days in Missoula, right? You two got to visit at Kurts Pol BBQ last August.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I have two sets of injectors and the stock oiling system completely disconnected.

Even then it would only oil the bottom end when the extra injectors are adding fuel. So that would mean no oil when not on boost.

They way I'm reading this if you have you oil injection deleted you are only getting lubrication in the bottom end under boost. Its no wonder your piston pin bearing are blue. I wondering what your rod bearing look like?

Also, if that is truly the case, It's actually quite amazing that you haven't had problems. Damn Polaris builds a good motor!!!!

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I guess that I'm now getting confused. I only have one gas tank. The fuel is mixed 32:1. Just as much oil is going thru the stock injectors as the extra ones. I should be getting 32:1 off boost and 32:1 on boost.

T
Aug 8, 2011
Because Polaris puts the factory injector in the transer port of the motor (after the air has passed through the crank case) if the engine is not on boost their is no oil being run through the crankcase because your auxilary injector is not deliverying fuel.

Also, at 9 lbs of boost you are realistically only delivering around 60:1 oil (of total fuel consumed) through the bottom end as well for the same reason

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Robbie... I agree... No premix is injected into the bottom end till the aux injectors are being fired... the main set only fires up into the top end.

The aux injectors only fire as the engine needs supplemental fuel on boost.

The pro just does not make a great premix only motor.

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
They way I'm reading this if you have you oil injection deleted you are only getting lubrication in the bottom end under boost. Its no wonder your piston pin bearing are blue. I wondering what your rod bearing look like?

Also, if that is truly the case, It's actually quite amazing that you haven't had problems. Damn Polaris builds a good motor!!!!

x2. must be the best 800 around.not like those crappy doo and cat motors.Robbie,you have to hook up the oiler and adjust it above the marks.dont premix anymore.

Last edited:

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
Robbie... I agree... No premix is injected into the bottom end till the aux injectors are being fired... the main set only fires up into the top end.

The aux injectors only fire as the engine needs supplemental fuel on boost.

The pro just does not make a great premix only motor.

same story with the 600 and 1000 doo SDI motors.injectors placed on the same spot.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
depending on how the aux injectors are run on the twisted kits.. i know just doing them "powerjet" style and using only the aux ones for boost means, anytime your over 1-2# your now getting premixed fuel to the bottom.. and i would bet that is a LOT of time when riding..

curious if on the pro's they use the style like on the cat ones with the tapped case forcing any oil in the bottom into the crank bearings?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
So basically with the Twisted kit, you have no bottom end oiling when, say...cold starting the sled and idling it up to temp?

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
He did last year also. I just went for the oil delete for simplicity. Bad decision. I have rehooked up the oiling system and installed a seperate pump for the turbo. Twisted's and HM turbo's kit are the only ones that supply a fresh air intake and an air to water intercooler. I haven't seen OVS's kit.

Premium Features