• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

H.A.C question

660canuck

Jan 10, 2010
When a H.A.C system stops working what are the symptoms? I have a 1994 Summit 583 that is bogging something fierce. I cleaned the carbs and rave valves, but it is still bogging. It will start, but when you try to give it gas it is super slow to rev up, or bogs and dies, or backfires and dies. Seems to me that it is running extremely rich and I suspect the H.A.C to be the culprit.

G
Nov 26, 2007
I guess it might depend on your elevation. I had one go out on a 99 500 summit that would run ok at 5800 feet and once you started up and got to the 8000 foot mark just fell flat on its face. That is my experience. hope it helps.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Valve cleaning

On my 96 670 I take the wire off that crosses over the outside of exhaust valve covers. Mine are black with red centers on the front of the motor. Take the covers off and then remove the two allen bolts in each one. The valves should pull out and can then be cleaned with carb cleaner and sometimes a putty knife for light scraping

Premium Features