• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else mad about Digital Wrench being Proprietary?

Turboegt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2015
So, I don't like going to dealers for ANYTHING. I do all my own work, all my own tuning, on EVERYTHING I own.

I've been dealing with some small issues with my sled lately, and would love to be able to pull my historical fault codes, and perform 'regular maintenance' on MY equipment, without having to haul it down to the dealer, and fork over some cash for a diagnostics scan whenever they feel like getting around to it.

Something as basic as pulling DTC's has been available for twenty years in the automotive industry. It's basic, you can get a code reader at any parts store across America, and yet Polaris deems it necessary to develop some garbage 'dealer only' software to tie you to your dealer even when you're out of warranty.

I don't just want Digital Wrench, I need it to maintain my sled.

/Vent

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Only option other than purchasing D.W. is the Bully Dog GT. $500 +/- just to retrieve DTCs is still too much IMO.

The aftermarket really needs to step up and provide some diagnostic equipment for powersports vehicles.

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
So, I don't like going to dealers for ANYTHING. I do all my own work, all my own tuning, on EVERYTHING I own.

I've been dealing with some small issues with my sled lately, and would love to be able to pull my historical fault codes, and perform 'regular maintenance' on MY equipment, without having to haul it down to the dealer, and fork over some cash for a diagnostics scan whenever they feel like getting around to it.

Something as basic as pulling DTC's has been available for twenty years in the automotive industry. It's basic, you can get a code reader at any parts store across America, and yet Polaris deems it necessary to develop some garbage 'dealer only' software to tie you to your dealer even when you're out of warranty.

I don't just want Digital Wrench, I need it to maintain my sled.

/Vent

I too, NEVER take anything in to be worked on.

I've been an aviation mechanic for 30 years so I know my way around tech manuals and wrenches.

If someone out there comes up with a reasonably priced solution to this Digital Wrench dilemna, I will be one of the first in line to buy it! :face-icon-small-hap

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Anything motorized should have ONE diagnostic setup. One single plug, just like cars and trucks, and take ONE scanner. Totally ridiculous each having their own, are we living back in the 80's???

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Anything motorized should have ONE diagnostic setup. One single plug, just like cars and trucks, and take ONE scanner. Totally ridiculous each having their own, are we living back in the 80's???

I think it's plain and simply a volume issue.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
All of these powersports manufacturers are doing it, It's not only polaris, at least polaris seems to show a code..... and I think arctic cat as well? Ski doo just shows a light and that is it. There has to be a aftermarket company out there thats making it work, like candoopro did for ski doo.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I tried hard a few years ago even found a dealer going out and tried to buy theirs . I looked into becoming a dealer ( they are insane no wonder dealers go broke )

I finally gave up and made an effort to become friends with the service manager at a dealership

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
DW has its shortfalls, and a few things are missing now with the update. You need a dealer to work with you for updating DW.
The relearn is a must and oil pump is a plus.

Premium Features