• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

11 pro fraying belts

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
I installed new motors mounts and a slp torque stop on the front of the motor and aligned the clutches at the end of the season last year but i still frayed a belt [granted it was a used belt] I don't want to install a new belt this year and ruin another belt, what else should i look for? Sled is stock 163

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Check your secondary clutch float. Should be 0.060". You could also double check your gearing. And, just in case you do, don't hammer the throttle from a stand still. That always kills belts fast.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Yup, this is the updated motor mount part number 2204633.

Is that what you installed?

There is a arctic cat belt that works and is cheaper if you want to try it.

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Inspect the belt before purchase. Last years 115 belt run had frayed or loose cords right from the manufacturer.

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
Im not sure what motor mount kit i bought, I've had the sled to the dealer last season twice to have updates done, they did not mention the motor mount/bolt update. I will call them tomorrow. Another question, is the exhaust sensor under warranty? I have had mine into the dealer twice with the engine light on and both times its the sensor, and the dealer just clears it.

Last edited:
Premium Features