• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wossner Polaris 800 Pistons

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Hi guys.
Bikeman Perf and RK TEK are selling Wossner pistons but prices is very different $249.95 vs $375 bucks.
Want to know are they selling the same pistons or some different?
Thanks

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Want to know exactly :)
I received RKT pistons today and i have pictures of this stuff.
Have somebody pictures of Original Wossner pistons? Or may be somebody
know exactly? Thanks

fd38beb1e7bc.jpg

c0b18bbec8bb.jpg

87362a248afc.jpg

7e0ff6f29188.jpg

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Thanks. Very interesting what is general difference between of this pistons?

RTK's drop in kit is a custom piston, but the direct replacement piston are the same pistons that Wossner sales with a big mark up.
Sorry. I don't think so. Becouse you would go to link
http://www.2strokeheads.com/Polarispistons.htm and see
POLARIS 800 CFI "Direct Replacement Piston Kit from RK TEK costs 375$
Pistons from Wossner costs 250$. This prices is very different.

Last edited:
M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
IIRC from speaking with Kelsey, the direct replacement piston and the piston for the drop in kit are identical. I asked this question specifically. Kelsey informed me if I were to do the direct replacement and then buy his head at a later point I would have the equizelant of the "drop in kit". Hope that helps.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I ran the drop in kit and two sets of domes in an 11 last season. What I understood from Kelsey:

1. Drop in kit pistons require his domes. Stock head should not be run with drop in kit pistons (stock head with drop in kit pistons results in a lower compression ratio than stock 12.5:1). Part number on drop in kit pistons (from my boxes) is RKT-PRO85.

2. Direct replacement pistons run with stock head and maintains stock compression of 12.5:1. Part number on direct replacement pistons is RKT-PRO85DR.

Now, he may have two head kits, one for the drop in kit, and one for stock height pistons. He also has two head options, his and the sleeper/machined stock head for his domes. But he made it clear, DO NOT run stock head with shorter drop in pistons, RKT-PRO85. FWIW.

Just sharing what I was told by Kelsey from my notes. His site had some details, too. 1200 miles in an 11 with zero issues, 13.1 at 6-10, mostly 64g BBs, no controller.

Last edited:
R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Both peoples did talk with Kelsey and both have different information. :D
Ok. Pistons who has mark RKT-PRO85DR has the same height that oem pistons.
As i understand we may don't spend money on RKT-PRO85DR pistons, just buy wossner from manufacturer.
Are your thoughts guys?

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I will be happy to try and clear up any confusion that may lie with the pistons we offer

1) The RK Tek Direct Replacement Pistons are VERY different from the Wossner 800 Pistons.. yes, they are made by Wossner but they are VERY different in design. ALL my pistons are designed from a blank sheet of paper and made with custom components (No, they are not 100% Wossner). These pistons, as all my other CUSTOM pistons, follow this same design procedure,

2)The RK Tek Direct Replacement Pistons are also VERY different from the OEM Polaris 800 pistons... but.. I do no think that there was much confusion with that one.

3) The RK Tek Drop In Piston Kit--> Uses yet another custom piston that is very similar to the Direct Replacement Piston in terms of components used and design criteria.. They can be use with the stock OEM head but the engine will NOT run well.. It will not be in any "danger" but it will run poorly. This is a "KIT" one of which we have been offering the likes of for over a decade... The "KIT" requires the piston and head in order to function to its full potential.. This kit will produce double digit HP levels and has been "spotted" out performing MANY much more expensive kits that are offered.. In all honesty, for the money, this kit is the best bang for the buck available today..

You can view the many threads on this forum (and others) that speak to this kit's performance and the 100's and 100's of very happy customers...Just do a search on here and the threads should surface.

We take great pride in innovating new products and implementing new ideas and turning them into reality... The RK Tek Line of Custom Pistons (manufactured by Wossner.. but designed by RK Tek) are one example..

We have a few new "products" that will be surfacing for mid to late season release that will be game changers.. Stay tuned.....

Hopefullly, this clears up any misconceptions that may be floating around.
AS ALWAYS... We are here to answer questions and are just a phone call away at anytime.. Please feel free to call or contact us with ANY questions or concerns.

Kelsey

4strokeperformance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Drop in kit

Hey Kelsey, although I only ended up putting on 2600 trouble free miles on your kit this year on my 13, I'm stoked to see what your new products are so I can try them out on my 14. Thanks for the great products.

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Thank you Kelsey for this info. It very helpful.
Have a questions.
Can i use your Drop In Piston Kit with stock head on turbo sled at low elevation?
Or need use Direct Replacement pistons with turbo head?
Thanks.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Thank you Kelsey for this info. It very helpful.
Have a questions.
Can i use your Drop In Piston Kit with stock head on turbo sled at low elevation?
Or need use Direct Replacement pistons with turbo head?
Thanks.

I would not recommend using the drop in pistons with the stock head.. It will simply not perform well. (turbo or naturally aspirated)

Last edited:
R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Drop in pistons

Drop in kit pistons with stock compression head(for stock style pistons) gave me 88psi on comp test.
Drop in kit pistons and head with stock compression ratio(Drop-in Kit) is 125psi.

1200ft elevation.

Use the drop in kit head with the drop in kit pistons.

With the wrong head engine runs very shatty and only to about 7300rpm.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I will be happy to try and clear up any confusion that may lie with the pistons we offer

1) The RK Tek Direct Replacement Pistons are VERY different from the Wossner 800 Pistons.. yes, they are made by Wossner but they are VERY different in design. ALL my pistons are designed from a blank sheet of paper and made with custom components (No, they are not 100% Wossner). These pistons, as all my other CUSTOM pistons, follow this same design procedure,

2)The RK Tek Direct Replacement Pistons are also VERY different from the OEM Polaris 800 pistons... but.. I do no think that there was much confusion with that one.

3) The RK Tek Drop In Piston Kit--> Uses yet another custom piston that is very similar to the Direct Replacement Piston in terms of components used and design criteria.. They can be use with the stock OEM head but the engine will NOT run well.. It will not be in any "danger" but it will run poorly. This is a "KIT" one of which we have been offering the likes of for over a decade... The "KIT" requires the piston and head in order to function to its full potential.. This kit will produce double digit HP levels and has been "spotted" out performing MANY much more expensive kits that are offered.. In all honesty, for the money, this kit is the best bang for the buck available today..

You can view the many threads on this forum (and others) that speak to this kit's performance and the 100's and 100's of very happy customers...Just do a search on here and the threads should surface.

We take great pride in innovating new products and implementing new ideas and turning them into reality... The RK Tek Line of Custom Pistons (manufactured by Wossner.. but designed by RK Tek) are one example..

We have a few new "products" that will be surfacing for mid to late season release that will be game changers.. Stay tuned.....

Hopefullly, this clears up any misconceptions that may be floating around.
AS ALWAYS... We are here to answer questions and are just a phone call away at anytime.. Please feel free to call or contact us with ANY questions or concerns.

Kelsey

Okay TS question has been answered, now time for you to tell us a little more info on these "game changers" for next year Kelsey:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features