• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I WANNA INVERT MY THROTTLE

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
I want to flip my throttle or better yet buy some sort of cast throttle lever assembly and use it trigger style.. I use to have a waveblaster that was trigger style and I think its something worth tryin.. Anyone have any suggestions on how to take on this project?

W
Nov 26, 2007
Valdez
I have seen guys flip them before. Usually they return to stock after driving the sled into a tree. Any brush or limbs dragging across the bars will will have you holding on to a bucking bronco!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I flipped mine around on my old 600. Road it for 5-6 years that way.For the most part liked it better. Never had any problems with tree limbs hitting the throttle, being as my hand is on the throttle.

impossible... you MUST have slammed into at least a FEW trees. ;)

Been running a finger throttle for 5 years now, and every one else I ride with aside from one or two guys all run them as well. Never hit a tree because of it, BUT... in the trees you do have to be aware, or get handguards. I've run without handguards, and about 1/2 of my buddies have them... so not a requirement by any means though.

Takes a day to get used to, CO 2.0 on here is the only person I know who has ever flipped it back after giving it an honest try.

As to what you need... nothing. Just loosen the throttle block & slowly rotate it being careful not to pull out the heater wires. (I run downhill clamp on grips, no heaters, but we usualy do it on the stock sleds without a problem.

207333_1640152125746_5205334_n.jpg

You'll find that anyone who runs one will tell you the same thing... more control, plain & simple... not less.

Last edited:
C
Mar 20, 2011
impossible... you MUST have slammed into at least a FEW trees.

Been running a finger throttle for 5 years now, and every one else I ride with aside from one or two guys all run them as well. Never hit a tree because of it, BUT... in the trees you do have to be aware, or get handguards. I've run without handguards, and about 1/2 of my buddies have them... so not a requirement by any means though.

Takes a day to get used to, CO 2.0 on here is the only person I know who has ever flipped it back after giving it an honest try.

As to what you need... nothing. Just loosen the throttle block & slowly rotate it being careful not to pull out the heater wires. (I run downhill clamp on grips, no heaters, but we usualy do it on the stock sleds without a problem.

207333_1640152125746_5205334_n.jpg

You'll find that anyone who runs one will tell you the same thing... more control, plain & simple... not less.

How big of a riser is that and how tall are you ? Sorry off topic. Also what kind of bars are those ?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
How big of a riser is that and how tall are you ? Sorry off topic. Also what kind of bars are those ?

#1: too tall (it was a 7" riser, took it off last week finally, just had an error in how big I needed before getting the setup)
#2: pretty dam short (5'8")
#3: jeremy woods low pro taper bars.

This is my current setup

405194_2575245502496_1295088056_32083468_797803959_n.jpg

402400_2489119389397_1295088056_32054520_146188637_n.jpg

Rox 4-6" adjustable risers set to about 5.25

C
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks ya just wondering cause im about 5'11' and just put a 6'' on my stock bars might be to tall. Ill give it a few tries anyways. Also liking the look of your sled its come together like how you mounted the gauges

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
I had mine flipped all last year and here are my thoughts. I think its easier to control and gives you better grip on the bars. It does occasionally get hit by branches, especially all these stupid freakin alders we have in AK. However the biggest problem was if you are wearing thick gloves sometimes you can catch the material from the middle finger under the throttle preventing you from pinning it to the bar...usually at the most inopportune time. It was never a problem with thinner riding gloves on, just on really cold days with the heavy gloves. So choose your gloves wisely and have a blast. I'll be flipping it on my new sled here shortly.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Cumminshp what kind of hand guards are you running. Several times in the last few rides I have just gotten my hand out of the way from being pinched by a tree or branch. Pinched is prolly not the right word, smashed is more like it. Need to get some hand guards or learn how to ride.

C
Mar 20, 2011
Cumminshp what kind of hand guards are you running. Several times in the last few rides I have just gotten my hand out of the way from being pinched by a tree or branch. Pinched is prolly not the right word, smashed is more like it. Need to get some hand guards or learn how to ride.

I dont think you ment to ask me i dont have this done. I asked a guy about his bar riser but thats all.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
CYCRA handguards. $119 on ebay.

167004_1551694794368_1295088056_31238409_6152594_n.jpg

The only wrap around handguards I've found that legitimately cut the wind WHERE you need it to.

I ride with semi-thin gloves or pipe gloves (snowboard gloves with sticky rubber on them... awesome for jumping, like having velcro on your palm :D) all year long on a sled with no handwarmers, and handguards do make a huge difference.

The "flag" style ones are junk if you ride hard imo, waste of money. Get a good set & you'll swap them from sled to sled.

btw, you have to bend them a bit to get them to fit on a stock set of bars... adds about 5 min to install... no big deal.

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
I guess I never considered the tree branch issue.. I might have to order those hand guards before I do it. I can't really afford to be smashing my sled. I would assume u guys flipped them counter clockwise? I haven't had hand Warmers well really ever.. So sweet thanks folks

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
Those handguards that backcountryislife is running would definitely solve the tree branch issue. Those would be almost a 'must have' if you're running a flipped throttle in the trees or alders.

aphoric

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2011
Centennial, CO
I got 4 days riding inverted. Ordered hand guards, and my thumb warmer being broken used to not suck. Have to solder that back up. Definitely improves control, didn't take a whole day to get used to it, even though I've ridden with a thumb throttle since I was little. I do keep my index fingers on the levers when mountain biking, so that may have made it easier. BCIL made me do it, and I'm glad.

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
I had a twist throttle on my 1M and loved it! Definatly different. Never seen anyone else with one. Considering putting one on my M now.

Boone

Premium Features