• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching ?

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
What is the difference between heel heavy weights VS. tip heavy weights? I mean, all being equal, what performance change would you see?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
If you have ever run adjustable clutch weights you learn this very quickly. I wil attach a short article but, basically there are three holes in Heavy Hitter weights. The heel hole (closest to the pivot pin) helps adjust your enagaement RPM and how hard your sled pull right after clutch engagement. You want to load the motor but, not so much that it falls on its face. The amount of weight in the middle hole determines how hard your sled pulls in the mid range. The tip weight is your top end/shift speed. If you aren't pulling your target shift speed just drop the amount of weight in the tip or if that's empty, drop the amount of weight in the middle hole.

Of course, I always use a high total force primary spring so I can load the motor with more weight. I make the engine struggle to make RPM. However, it's amazing how "Revy" sleds feel with the tip weight hole empty.

http://thunderproducts.com/media-hhsnotech.htm

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
So if I am running a 72 gram light tip weight and hitting my R's I may not be able to run a 72 gram heavy tip weight and still hit my R's? seams pretty simple.

Premium Features