For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
General Snowmobiling Snowmobile related topics only

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Currently: <<<<<< Look!!! No hands!!!!
Yamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Compared XP with stock Apex, Turboed Apex, and my 04 REV 800

Now that I have had some seat time on a new XP 163Ē, a stock Apex, a turboed Apex, and my 04 Rev I can state my opinion on which one is the best all around sled.

Fist off I have had my REV for 4 years now and really love that sled. (now I just need more power) Anyway we had at least 2 feet of fresh powder and more in some places to compare these 4 sleds.

Climbing - Hands down the Turboed Apex wins the climbing contest, no question on that as I think most people would agree. The Stock Apex and XP were very close but I think the XP had just a little more than the Apex. As for my Rev, anyone have a bigger horsepower engine I can throw in it to keep up? I will be looking for other options soon. It sucks coming in last every time.
So
# 1 Apex Turboed
# 2 XP
# 3 Stock Apex
# 4 04 Rev

Trails - well honestly who cares about the trails on a mountain sled. They all perform well for as much as we have to be on trails I donít care about it much.
All =

Sidehilling - Honestly my 04 Rev cut across any hill better that any of the other 3 listed. Maybe I am just used to my sled more but the other sleds were harder to keep on its side on the hill. The XP really wanted to go back down onto both skis. We did disconnect the stabilizer bar but it didnít seem to help all that much. Maybe the center of gravity is too low now. I donít know. The Apexís were easier then the XP but you can tell it is a little heavier then the 2 skidoos, However the way it is weighted made it quite easy to keep it on its side on the hill. Not as much effort to keep it up as with the XP.
So
# 1 04 Rev
# 2 & 3 Apexís
# 4 XP

Boondocking Ė Well this really goes hand in hand with sidehilling. I can carve through the trees, flats, hills, anywhere for that matter best on the 04 Rev. The only problem I had on the 04 Rev is it needs more power. In that deep of snow I was basically pinned everywhere I went. But getting it on its side was so much easier than the XP was. Also I could keep the 04 Rev on its side as long as I wanted to. With the XP you really have to tug on it to get it on its side. It takes way too much effort to get it over. I am a tall skinny guy (6í1Ē and all of 175lbs) so for such a light sled it sure didnít impress me with its capabilities. Also once you got it over it still wanted to snap back down onto itís other ski. Not a fun experience flying off the other side of the sled when it comes back down hard. Now the Apexís. The stock apex did just fine. I could carve with it just about as well as I could with my 04 Rev. People say it is too heavy to boondock, yeah it might be heavy if you get it stuck and have to pull it out but as for riding the sled you canít tell how heavy it really is. As for the Turboed Apex it was a blast to ride. It had enough power to turn back up the hill and do it all again. Didnít have to worry about bogging down in the deep snow either. It was easy to get over and once it was over it was easy to keep it there.
So
# 1 Turboed Apex
# 2 04 Rev
# 3 Stock Apex
# 4 XP

If I had my choice on what to ride I would take a Turboed Apex for sure. However I donít have 17 to 20 grand to have one of those so I guess I will just have to stick with my 04 Rev for a while. Yes the XP has a few improvements on my sled but I really wasnít all that impressed with it. Also with all the problems it is having I would rather take an Apex. If all the issues get worked out and BRP takes some responsibility on fixing those problems with the sled it can be a very good sled. It does climb well (until the drive shaft breaks) but thatís about it.

So over all which sled would I rather ride?
# 1 Turboed Apex for Sure
# 2 Stock Apex
# 3 04 REV (if I can get more power, any suggestions on getting more power in my REV)
# 4 XP

What really would be my ideal sled is my 04 REV Platform with a Turboed Apex engine stuffed in it. Can anybody do that for me? That my $.02 on the new sleds.

Oh yeah anyone that says you canít boondock an Apex, stock or with a turbo, just needs more practice sledding. Keep riding to get better and then go try it again. Its much easier than you think it is.

Any opinions, comments, suggestions, on any parts are welcomed and encouraged. Keep it friendly though. No need to get all worked up over anything here. We all have fun on our own sleds.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
RX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond reputeRX1Guy has a reputation beyond repute

did you really just post that 1. a stock apex came close in climbing to a stock Xp, and 2. that an apex is a better boondocker than the XP? is that legal to say on snowest?!

Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Basic Member
Turtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond reputeTurtlehead has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Puff, Puff, Pass................

Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Currently: Time to start breaking $hit theres snow on the ground.
BigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond reputeBigFish BC has a reputation beyond repute

this could be one of those threads of the year once all the doo guys get wind of it.its great to here a good review of what you though of the sleds in a head to head comparison most guys dont get a chance to do that.oh there is a few revs running around with rx1 or apex motors a couple of the guys hang out on sw cool sled.well i hope this dosnt get ugly

Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Currently: Livin the DREAM
Basic Member
Makaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond reputeMakaveli_Rev has a reputation beyond repute

wow. I've seen a few apex's climbing in my days, but i've never seen a stock one beat a rev... i put the smackin on a few back when i had my 06, i don't know how a apex would even come close to an xp as it will take my 06 by a good 2 to 4 sled lengths...... You sure your rev's runnin right????

Old 01-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Yamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond reputeYamadoo04 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX1Guy View Post
did you really just post that 1. a stock apex came close in climbing to a stock Xp, and 2. that an apex is a better boondocker than the XP? is that legal to say on snowest?!
Yep i did just post that. I didn't say the Stock Apex beat the XP but it was fairly close. And yes the apex did boondock better. This was the first time the XP had been out so maybe it will get better with time. Not sure on that right now.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Basic Member
EOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond reputeEOS has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people sayng the XP is hard to sidehill? Im starting to think snowest is full of girlymen!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
DLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond reputeDLUX has a reputation beyond repute
Default oh oh!!

Dude now you did it!! all the Doo Doo guys are gona get there panties in a knot and start telling you that your an idiot and that an xpee is the best and the apex is a tank blah blah blah, but now YOU know, see what the problem is that most guys don't have the oportunity to compare the way you have so most of them are internet **** talkers that "heard" the apex can't be boondocked, when in reality its probably one of the best tree sleds out there especially when turbo'd. I'm glad most of these fools don't ride turbo's cuz it makes it way funner for those of us who do!!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Basic Member
stephenclark is an unknown quantity at this point

I rode pretty much every sled made over a two day stretch at the snoshoot media ride last year and I agree with Yamadoo that the XP is not very impressive. Sure it goes great up a mountian for a stock sled but that is just about having a 163x16 track and weighing 528lb (wet weight on the scales). I enjoy boondocking and sidehilling too much to ride a XP, it is the most unexciting sled to ride in its class. The Polaris 800 on the other hand is an absolute hoot to ride, so much fun. I think anyone that is considering an XP needs to remember that snowmobiling is about having fun and not about having the most impressive spec sheet on paper.
Thats my two cents on the XP program.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Currently: Working
SylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond reputeSylvanLaker has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Currently: On top of Moron Mtn. . .
MARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond reputeMARV1 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Hoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Currently: Wishin' I was in Revy.
Basic Member
MARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond reputeMARCUSO has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Basic Member
Raptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond reputeRaptorman has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Basic Member
pinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond reputepinnedunderdoo#3 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Basic Member
muskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond reputemuskoka has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Currently: Winter was over before it started
dmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond reputedmkhnr has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 09:29 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Basic Member
X-rated is on a distinguished roadX-rated is on a distinguished road

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Currently: Never play leapfrog with a unicorn
Basic Member
RMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeRMKcowboy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Currently: bashingGummerTardsDaily
khaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond reputekhaddon2110 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
noob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond reputenoob has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Currently: Utah
Basic Member
Chubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond reputeChubbydog has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register