• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just got my Better Boards in the mail!!

S

Stilldraggin

Dec 31, 2010
SE Nebraska
Got home, was acting like a kid at Christmas, and opened the box for my BB. Read the back of the package for install instructions. They said one can cut only where the openings are on the BB, or cut out the whole OEM board leaving a 1/4" or so on the edges. The weight savings is not of concern to me, I only weigh 160 lbs dressed and ready to ride, and my 08 d7 is able to run with the 800's.

What have you guys done when you put these on your sleds? Also, if I only cut out for the openings, should I flatten out the raised "pimples" that are on my OEM boards, or will it really matter?

Thank you all in advance!!!

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Cut out the entire area, the little scabs you leave behind trying to cut out the rectangles will do absolutely nothing for you. Flatten out any remaining dimples.

Here are some pictures from my installation

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
X2 with Sledaction and Morsno. I don't ride a Poo, but I cut the whole section out when I put better boards on my Doo. As mentioned, not worth wasting the time just cutting out for the openings with the minimal material left, not saving any structural integrity by doing it. I put in a $hit ton of rivets, way more than come in the kit just for added piece of mind. I think these boards are gonna be awsome this year with the huge openings, and they are way stiffer than the factory Doo boards, not sure how wimpy the Poo boards were.

J
Aug 21, 2008
Bboards

I have done it both ways, I have cut the whole thing out, I do a lot of jumping and Cornice jumping. I found this way to put extra stress on the bb. Mine started to crack. On my current sled, I just cut out the windows only, and they still look like new. It is a lot of extra work to cut the window out, but worth it.

S

Stilldraggin

Dec 31, 2010
SE Nebraska
Thanks for the input!

I think I'll cut the entire portion out. My body can't handle cornice jumping on purpose any more, but ya know sometimes it just happens. The pics helped a bunch also. I'll be adding more rivets too, the 18 rivets looked good! As always thanks for the advice gentlemen!

Premium Features