• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Liner for XP oil tank neck??

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
I heard there was a metal liner to put in the neck, of the oil tank, to make it keep it's shape. I need to find a couple, have a couple friends that did not get their 08 tanks replaced under warranty. Can anybody help me find the liners??-------Thanks ------ Ken

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007

Jetjock

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Buckley, Washington
Installed one of the inserts, sold by one of the DOOTALKERS here on the forum, in the mouth my 2009 XP oil tank which was leaking a lot of oil. It was only a slight improvement initially and then 0 benefit after the rubber oil seal that comes with the aluminum insert broke. Look at the bright side -my new 2011 ETEC oil tank came from the factory in working order and does not leak or even weep miniscule amounts of oil.

Last edited:
K
Oct 17, 2009
i used dan 03 rev's insert and it worked great with my leak on my 08 xp.
I was told that you shouldn't over tighten the oil cap, thats what supposedly
causes the ovalized mouth.
hope it works for you.

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
I didn't have many problems leaking before, I put an insert in from c&t mainly for preventative and bc I was ordering other stuff anyways, and now when I flip the sled on its side for water trick clutch trick it leaks immediately, I think its too late for me...
P

Premium Features