• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help please

Feb 7, 2014
FOTAEE3.jpg do you know what this is? It's on a 2005 skidoo 800 summit 151. I'm very unfamiliar with what it is. It leads into to the motor on the clutch side. Today I took it out after I got it outa the shop and it was turned off giving me hardly any power.

B
Apr 14, 2008
FINLAND, MN
Keep a eye on them carb boots, looks like they are delaminating. I would be looking at changing them soon with some vforce reeds, they will come with new boots that will last a lot longer then stock!

Feb 7, 2014
I've been talking to some of my buddies and they said I should turn it on for a while. How long? Because it has been high humidity cause maybe some condensation inside the carb.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I've been talking to some of my buddies and they said I should turn it on for a while. How long? Because it has been high humidity cause maybe some condensation inside the carb.

You rarely to never need it. Most will do away with it. If turned on the carbs get too warm causing vapor locking and poor performance. Turn it off and leave it off.

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
Turn it off

Turn it OFF. As said before it will just cause you problems. It circulates water around your carb on extremely cold days. On normal rides all it does is cause you sled to shut down from a vapor lock. I am speaking from experience here, had a 600 for my wife that someone had opened the valve on and it kept shutting down. Once it sat for about a half hour it would start back up. We didn't get it figured out till it had been in the shop twice and they couldn't figure it out either. I just noticed it one day, turned it off and no more problems.

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
as stated above, your boots are going bad,and I'd be replacing asap,good way to buy cylinders and pistons!!

Premium Features