• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

power claw- no power brake!!!! lol

J
Dec 7, 2010
eastern wa
so went riding today, got enough time on my m8 engine to go ahead and abuse it a little, anyway dropped into a hole i have been down a million times and off to the races i went, i saw some talk on here about them not braking well but i wasnt ready for what i experianced lol, anyway wow is what im going to say!!!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
go ride a A20 for a few years, the powder claw is a very good all around track, I think it stops very well, better than the Cat Camo of years past

Last edited:
J
Dec 7, 2010
eastern wa
go ride a A20 for a few years, the powder call is a very good all around track, I think it stops very well, better than the Cat Camo of years past
well i was used to my old polaris track ya know the ones with the built in lug ejecto, it would stop a little better, but i do like the tracktion it gets when going forward (power claw) this track by far is best for that

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
The claw is a GREAT powder track, and a ok all around track. If you ride hard snow (sounds like you do or braking wouldn't be a issue) get a camo extreme and sell the claw.

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
My old, reversed, laid over A20 was like a taboggen ride compared to my PowerClaw. The PC is actually an improvement :face-icon-small-ton

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
maybe you are new to the m series but if you are in anytime of fresh snow at all, just roll that sled up on one ski when its steep and you will be having to give it gas down hill. THe ms are a dream to control downhill.

Vernon

S
Nov 13, 2009
Alberta
Rolling it on one side to catch snow works great in deep snow. If on hard snow and going out of control, pull brake, put in reverse, let off brake, and punch gas. You`ll stop in no time!

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I came off a 162x16x2.5 Camo Extreme and I have to agree with OP. HOLY BALLS is this track fast coming downhill. I'm thankful the M has more ski pressure than my 900 1M so I can actually steer it around quick turns. My Camo Extreme stopped so much better down trails and packed snow.

The Powerclaw does seem to do great in powder. I'm going to finish the season on it and make my decision in the summer whether to keep it or not.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
it helps alot comin down hills to pump the brakes rather than just grabbin a handfull. this allows the track to rotate around to a clean section thats not all plugged up with snow. also if you know your gonna be comin down a sketchy steep hill and your really concerned about hittin somethin you can always throw your spare belt around a ski for a ski brake.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You have to keep it turning, lock it up and it is the same thing as a slab slide avalanche, it packs the snow in the lugs and its snow on snow. The powder, like said throw it on its side, You can try and roll it but it will just stop on its side. If you use it right it will stop as good or better than most tracks. There are some that will, but you need to use the PC right or hang on.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I thought my powerclaw stopped great compared to my series 5 polaris track. My only complaint was I got 200 miles out of it before I ripped it off the sled.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
i used to love the a20 in the pow direction... man you could stop anywhere. Turned it around once...... ONCE!!! Never again

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I thought my powerclaw stopped great compared to my series 5 polaris track. My only complaint was I got 200 miles out of it before I ripped it off the sled.

How? I have abused mine to a point its amazing, I debranched a dead tree sat, and then ripped though some 2.5" branches, flat out I was waiting to see lugs flying. Very impressed with this track and it has held up better than any I've ever seen, even the CE.

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
How? I have abused mine to a point its amazing, I debranched a dead tree sat, and then ripped though some 2.5" branches, flat out I was waiting to see lugs flying. Very impressed with this track and it has held up better than any I've ever seen, even the CE.

x2 on this as well...

I've sucked up small logs and BIG rocks into my tunnel, jibbed off of logs and rocks, dones STUUUUUPID stuff with little to no snow covering the hill, and still the track looks fine! (well...say for one of the fingers on the edge of the track....I lost that in Valdez somewhere.:p)

It's one tuff track, a lot tuffer than I'd have imagined....but to the O.P.'s credit, you'd better have your line picked when you point that thing south, or know how to carve going downhill, because it DOES go down faster than other tracks.

Last edited:
Premium Features