• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Weight of a T3...

E
Aug 2, 2013
Sweden
Sorry but there is no way the Polaris is anywhere near as fuel efficient as the xm, not even close.

True.
The facts are that a DI 2stroke engine(E-tec) will always be at least 25% more efficient because that is the amount of fuel that passes out the exhaust port unburnt in a old 2 stroke.

My own(2014 freeride 146) experience compared to the 2 2012 switchback assaults in my riding group is on average with similar riding styles this:

E-tec: 2,9L/10km(8,11MPG) and Polaris: 4L/10KM(5,88MPG)

If we ride 70km in a full day with our extrem fuelprice in Sweden the difference is 16 USD in one day.
The good thing is that i never have to care about how much fuel i have as long as i ride with Polaris snowmobiles.

Last edited:
J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
Dave, we see the Doo's getting 5-10% better each day. That is not much but $3 to $4 bucks at the pump adds up over time.

I will say though we have had days where the Doo's use more oil. They do leave dirty patches n the snow from the exhaust when pinning the flipper out of a hole. We have our oil pumps turned up on the Pro' too.

I guess power takes fuel and oil and if you're into the power all day you need to burn it.

X2, use to own a pro and comparing to XM's it was similar results. I'm taking lots of WOT, not trail riding where the Etec fuel savings actually made a bigger difference.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Sorry but there is no way the Polaris is anywhere near as fuel efficient as the xm, not even close.

Dave i have seen it on more than one occasion. When ridden hard. I would like to know if you can get 10.6 in an empty tank. A buddy and I could only get 8. That was burped.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Good to know. Most of the revs I had had pickup issues. Run them out of gas and only get 8 gallons in them. When my 14 ran out we had to work at it to get 8. The pump clicked off at 6.5.

Premium Features