• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cant get over 6K RPMS. Bogs out, 07 800r 151"

S
Mar 23, 2008
All Seasons Motorsports In Cranbrook. Good guys there. I need to get it running, I dont have time to try and find the problem, winter break is comming.

Ill post the solution what ever it is

S
Mar 23, 2008
I was thinking about the DPm also. Mine gets worse higher you go. Anyone know of a way to test the DPM solenoid?

Its seems like the only possibility is the Primary and DPM.

Raves checked out i believe. intake. exhaust. Computer doesnt look like it got much moisture.

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
You take the solenoid out and connect a 9 volt standard small battery to it and if it clicks and the plunger moves it is supposed to be good. The dealer is telling me that they have had this happen before and checked the solenoid and it will not malfunction, but put a new one in and it solves the issue. So I hope they are right.

S
Dec 5, 2007
I found a nipple with no hose conected to it on the PTO side carb. the nipple faces towards the rear of the sled, there is nothing conected on that side. I belive that is stock but there is one one the mag side connected, vac line that is for the valves mine came disconected and I lost 800 rpm at 1500 ft I would belive this would be more in the mnts, GOOD LUCK

S
Mar 23, 2008
The tech got into it yesturday a bit. 1 problem was that the stock plug wires weren't good enough for my after market plug caps, not carbon cored or something?

The primary is comming off also, where i beleive the real problem is.

C
Nov 26, 2007
castlegar bc
My oldmans XRS ran like that for over a year!!!

Changed everything like exhaust valves, clutching twice, cables, compression check, almost eveything...

$1200 bones in so called repairs, and KABOOM! Head, both jugs, case, crank, reads, everything is ****ed!

Chalk up another 3k for that repair...

Have your bottom end checked before this happends.

07's have a history of being problematic...

Chaz

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
It's the DPM

I have an 07 800R and yesterday mine did the EXACT same thing and I found that if I let it sit for just a few minutes, it would come out of it for awhile and I just kept doing that all day. This morning, I took the little solenoid out of the DPM and hosed the needle inside it with WD40 and problem solved. It ran like a champ all day today and used about half the gas and oil too haha. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with yours too and this wll help you out.

S
Mar 23, 2008
I got my clutching done, havent rodeit any distance yet though. Will tomorrow.

The DPM has 3 or so hoses going to it righht above your airbox and carbs.

I will try this tomorrow

S
Mar 23, 2008
Mine is all fixed. Worn Primary rollers, cap and bushing, sliding shoes, o-ring, and sliding sheave bushing.

Sprayed my dpm out with sensorclean.

She runs great now.

But im keeping an eye on my jetting and oil. I played with my oil adjustment and now i cant seem to find a good place to keep it. seems like shes running lean.

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
Good to hear. Dealer thinks my problem is now my needle seat for my floats. The don't have time to get to it so I am going to use a buddies carbs and see what happens??

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Great thread guys, I'm having some intermittent bogging issues as well, for the most part she screams but when tipped to the side (ie doing pow turns) it bogs and wants to die or sometimes under to much prolonged load, but if i let it sit it will come around. I'm going threw a TON of gas and oil as well. 3/4 of a tank on a 40 mile day. I'm going to take a look at the dpm, and I still need to make some adjustments to my carbs for the head I put on but that will only ad more fuel. Hopefully just going threw the carbs and putting them back together will help as well. I recently re-built my raves so I don't believe they are the issue.

S
Mar 23, 2008
Brahm, The day before mine fully took a sh*t, in the AM when we were riding only went i was carving it would bog. Similiar to what you were stating. then it would clear itself. So i thought it was a fuel problem, but in under 4 hours of riding, it got so bad i thought she was a goner.

Crazy how fast though clutches divebomb once they get to the limit. Just throwing that out there. DPM is also a good place to check.

Take a 9volt battery and connect it to the dpm wires. red + , black -. it should click. I HAVENT done it. But im sure i read that is what is supposed to happen. or when you first start up your sled the dpm should be vibrating?

Mark

S
Nov 27, 2007
Livingston, MT
Just noticed this thread. Perfect timing since I'm getting the mid to high range bog mostly when carving. The difference in my problem is that I'm on a new motor (06' 800 ho, mine sheared a crank at 1000 mi). Went out today to start the break in and it ran like complete A$$. First started bogging between 5-6k then bogged over 7k also on the road. Got off the road and started to carve on the flat and it started there to. Oh, and it actually died at one point and really freaked me out. It took quite a while to get it started again, but eventually it did. On the way out it seemed to run fine. I just held it at 5-6K, with short bursts up to 7 and 8K (much less carving, though).

There is extra oil in the tank also for the break in. Could running it rich make it bog like this? Sorry guys, I'm a complete motor JONG, anything helps. I'm going to go out again tomorrow and continue to get my junk miles in to get this thing broken in right and hopefully get rid of these problems. Pretty freak'n frustrated after just blowing a couple grand on a motor to only have it still work poorly.

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
After going through every component on my sled i finally solved my problem. I switched carbs from another buddies 07 and my sled rips again. Pulled my carbs apart and found cracked gasket on the float bowl and a holding bolt on the needle and seat has been stripped and letting the mount not fit properly. Going the put new o-rings in the carbs and needle and seats. At least I know I am in the right area.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I pulled my carbs last nite, cleaned them out with carb cleaner, as well as the reeds. I also went threw the DPW with WD40 and let it sit. Changed the pilot jets (per my head requirements) but I was unable to shim my needle as I couldn't get the screws out the top of the carbs without stripping them. (..phillips.. WHY). I then went threw and resealed everything I could carb boots between the reeds, and between the air box with dow, I also replaced all the zip ties on the R.A.V.E hoses. Made sure everything is snug, and put a cap on the non-used R.A.V.E nipple. Sled seemed ALOT more responsive today I was easily yanking the skis at will! I think I may need to readjust my clutch and add more weight. I seem to be engaging a little higher now and I was a little nervous of over revving it. Unfortunately it's tough to say though as the conditions were very packed down so I couldn't test to see if it bogs under heavy load from powder and climbs.

Last edited:
Premium Features