• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with Silber turbo kit.

Gracefull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Did you Grind away the head of the bolt that holds your air box on , on the Clutch side of the motor? I did not and was hitting my DET light because of the bolt hitting the bulkhead. pull your Secondary clutch and see if there are any marks on your bulkhead from the bolt head. if there are grind a little more away.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Did you Grind away the head of the bolt that holds your air box on , on the Clutch side of the motor? I did not and was hitting my DET light because of the bolt hitting the bulkhead. pull your Secondary clutch and see if there are any marks on your bulkhead from the bolt head. if there are grind a little more away.

That i know i didnt. But why would that cause the DET light to come on?

Gracefull

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
That i know i didnt. But why would that cause the DET light to come on?

The DET sensor is very sensitive. the harmonics caused by the bolt vibrating on the bulk head will give you false Detonation signals. I ground some of the bulk head also just to make sure. last trip out it never hit the DETT once. just the Rev limiter...lol

if you pull the secondary you will see very quick the marks from the bolt head rubbing. when i phoned Justin explaining this same problem, he told me just where to look. worse thing is he tells us in the instructions to do this... :face-icon-small-blu

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Thanks for the tip, will grind some off and try that, but probably wint happen until 25th or 26th.

But will this weaken the bulkhead if i grind off some?

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I dont think thats the problem Brian.. watching his you tube clip hes hitting the det as soon as hit starts getting into the boost fuel. Also his pump fuel has more octane than ours does, If im not mistaken it is very close to av gas. If he never ground away that little piece of the bulk head that may very well be the issue as mentioned. Or hitting the rev limiter right away. The snow does look very hard. Sunvang i ran mine the first run out at only 300 feet above sea level so try this if you want.. turn you boost controller right off so you running minimal boost, it will be approx 6 psi.
76 gram weights..
heel purple fastener one thick one thin washer
mid purple fastener one thick one thin washer
toe red fastener

fuel box.. and this was rich at 11.5 af and no det light i was playing way safe first ride.
green 3
yellow4
red 4
blue green 4
yellow blue 4 red blue 4

i would still like to hear your set up for your fuel box and you can pull up your max rpm off the gauge display.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I think you are correct EZryder, our pump gas is two octanes away from beeing 100ll, and am going to grind away some metal, so the air box wont hit the bulkhead, then try out you fuel controller settings.

Ill give feedback on how it goes.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I forgot to mention i rode the sled also 1500 ft and i turned up the boost to 8 psi and leaned it out so the af was 12.2 pulled 8250 rpm still a wee bit fat but pulled hard with no det on 100ll. Good luck im sure its something simple.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
76 grams @ 8 psi 1500 feet . im hoping this set up will run strong in deep snow at 4500 to 5500 feet @ 10 to 12 psi, i may have to add a little more weight guess we will see . Ill be getting out after the holidays with it. How is yours set up?

A

allpowersports

I think you are correct EZryder, our pump gas is two octanes away from beeing 100ll, and am going to grind away some metal, so the air box wont hit the bulkhead, then try out you fuel controller settings.

Ill give feedback on how it goes.

Our Norwegian 98 fuel is often lower in octane than our 95 due to lower turnover of 98 =older fuel.
My 2011 rmk pro assault usually goes in to det if I fuel it up with Statoil 98 but runs fine on regular 95.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Well that can be true, But that really depends on where you fill. At my local gas station it almost only goes 98octane fuel, so I dont think my gas has lower than 95. Ive only hit dET twice when the sled was stock, and that was after fillong on another gas sation that i usually never use.

A

allpowersports

Are you running it with the head the previous owner of the kit was running it with or do you use the stock head or an PA low comp head?
I do know some people that had problems running a Silber kit and PA @ low altitude, hopefully someone that have one will chime in here!
Hopefully you will get it sorted out and running soon!

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
76 grams @ 8 psi 1500 feet . im hoping this set up will run strong in deep snow at 4500 to 5500 feet @ 10 to 12 psi, i may have to add a little more weight guess we will see . Ill be getting out after the holidays with it. How is yours set up?
I'm currently running 8 lbs, 0-3000', low comp. PA head and 79g's and it's too much weight. Was only hitting about 7900 last ride.

Premium Features