• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Walker Evans woes

signdude

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ft Collins CO
www.myactionsigns.com
Has anyone had their front WE shocks come apart on their Dragon? I just ahd mine seviced and one of the shocks came completely apart today up riding. I first assumed the dealer did not reassemble the shock properly, but after I stopped by a differnet local dealer, they said I was the second person today to experience this. It not only cut our day short, it obliterated the entire shock!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Sounds like a faulty re assembly of the piston or overtorquing the piston retainer bolt and it cracked....

They blow seals when the shafts are nicked or when really cold... but they don't self destruct or have a weak spot in the design in this regard..

IMO... faulty service...

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I'm on the 4th season with my stock Walker Evans...I'd say they were improperly reassembled when they were serviced. It is possible to have the seal fail from a nick on the shaft, but to have it just fall apart, no way. Take it back to whoever serviced them for you!

Premium Features