• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Nytro MTX

M

merlin2569

Jan 13, 2008
Clarkfield, MN
Hey guys thinking about ordering a 2011 Nytro MTX. With that said i have always been a two stroke guy. I have a 2009 RMK Assault currently. I am wondering if i will be happy with the nytro. I have ridden a nytro before, but it was only for a couple hours one afternoon. I liked the nytro the couple hours that i rode it for. However, I noticed that the nytro had a noticeable amount more weight to it then what i was used to. Is the weight difference something that i will adjust to because i am not a very big guy only about 6 foot 160 pounds. I would really like to know what you guys think. Thanks for your help in advance!!

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
If you like a reliable well built sled that is underpowered and a tank you have to be a well rested stud to get the thing out if its stuck or a couple of friends to help.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The weight is there, but I sure never had ANY problems with my 2010 MTX SE.
I LOVE the sled, am very satisfied with it and would buy it again.

And in fact, I think I will be buying another Yamaha for next season.
I am thinking my wife might really like that new Apex with the Power Steering.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
If you like a reliable well built sled that is underpowered and a tank you have to be a well rested stud to get the thing out if its stuck or a couple of friends to help.

:suspicious: Now there is some BRILLIANT commentary. I think you will find that the newer 2010/11 Nytro carries it's weight suprising well. The powerband has a very useable torque curve for a 135 horse sled, and the shocks are top quality units. The Nytro chassi has good balance, and works better than expected for boondocking/technical line climbing. Maybe the Assault is a little better jump sled, but these things like to fly too. Overall, I would compare the Nytro to the older style Rev as far as how it reacts to rider input. Hope this helps,...best of luck!

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think the strong point on the Nytro's are the "MOD"ability of the sled.
There is just so much you can do to them if you want.

Underpowered?
Is there another sled on the market that responds better to a turbo or a supercharger?

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
I think the strong point on the Nytro's are the "MOD"ability of the sled.
There is just so much you can do to them if you want.

Underpowered?
Is there another sled on the market that responds better to a turbo or a supercharger?

Exactly right!... I wish SW Mag would have included a new Nytro in the 800 challenge just for comparison. Then they could have included hopped up mod sleds from each manufacturer like they did in the past. Oh well, maybe next year...

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
i think there is no reason to be buying a new nytro. Plenty of used ones out there with the right mods done. I think if you are not boosting you will be dissappointed

M

merlin2569

Jan 13, 2008
Clarkfield, MN
i think there is no reason to be buying a new nytro. Plenty of used ones out there with the right mods done. I think if you are not boosting you will be dissappointed

I think there is plenty of reason to be buying a new nytro.
1. I have the money to do it right now
2. It comes with a 4 year warranty
3. Its NEW!! Never know what you are getting with used
4. I buy it new i get to do what i want to it, not what someone else has done to it

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU

I think there is plenty of reason to be buying a new nytro.
1. I have the money to do it right now
2. It comes with a 4 year warranty
3. Its NEW!! Never know what you are getting with used
4. I buy it new i get to do what i want to it, not what someone else has done to it

than enjoy your sled

Premium Features