• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidekick ice scratchers

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I'm looking to buying a set of ice scratchers, but I know I'll end up backing up with them down one day, and don't want to wreck them like that. So I'm looking at sidekick ice scratchers, how do they work? Any one have them? Love em? Hate em?

Thanks

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I have the conventional scratchers from SummitSeeker and they work awesome and I HAVE forgotten a couple times when I hit reverse.
Luckily they have held up to the abuse.
I rode with a friend a couple weeks ago who had the Side kicks or Slidekicks or whatever they're called and they did keep his sled from heating up.
We rode solid ice for probably 3 miles up and no problem.
He did mention though that with the original set he bought (First model) they were too flimsy and did not bite enough at all but the "2nd Generation" with the added carbide tips were perfect.
I am going to switch over to these also just because sometimes stowing the conventional type can be a real pain at times.
(Sorry SummitSeeker)

Now I have some crow to eat with the local dealer before he'll sell me a couple pair because I was slamming the product but to be fair, it was the first model that I had doubts about.
It looks like I was right too! ;)

E
Apr 11, 2002
North Idaho
seems to work good, the most imprtant thing is to locktite them as I have lost one. I guess I have an experiment going on as I have a convential one on one side and the side kick on the other. No difference it hyflax wear between the sides

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Make sure you loctite them. I was about 3 threads away from losing one before I loctited them. :eek: I would loctite the eyelets too.

Other than that they work great, no worries in reverse. :beer;

tactic

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ontario
The slidekicks work great. Carbide tips show little sign of wear. Considerably more snow in skid and on rails compared to sled with no sratchers.

K
I just put on a set yesterday and I could not believe how much chit they kick up. I was not on ice however, packed groom trail. The guys I was with couldn't believe how much they were kicking up.
Good call on the loc-tite. Going out to the shop to do that right now! :beer;

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
side kicker

used them this year in trail riding in MN. Worked but have to watch then as they will lay on the edge of the track and rub and wear the track plus wear the coving of the steel cable. work but for the cost still will take the Holz wire scratchers!!

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I will be back in stock (Slidekicks) in about a week. Have been backordered for a while. Have regular tips and carbide as well. Thanks for the kudo's on the latest version!

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I will be back in stock (Slidekicks) in about a week. Have been backordered for a while. Have regular tips and carbide as well. Thanks for the kudo's on the latest version!

Ok, this is where I eat some crow and say that I was wrong about your updated product and it's ability to cool the sled on glare ice and then tell you that I will be ordering two set's from you. Although.........

I WAS right about the initial offering you had.:D;)

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Ok, this is where I eat some crow and say that I was wrong about your updated product and it's ability to cool the sled on glare ice and then tell you that I will be ordering two set's from you. Although.........

I WAS right about the initial offering you had.:D;)

Like always, for you, they are retail plus 10%. ;)

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
Slidekicks is the proper name. . and these are a GREAT product!! . .I've had both versions and nothing but good things to say. . .put'em down and forget'em!!. ..buy'em..you won't regret it!!

Exactly, couldn't agree more. I put a set on the wifes new 09 XP and do just that, put em down when the sled comes out of the trailer and back up on the rails when it's time to load. I also put the carbide tips on and it's amazing the amount of snow they put to the rails.

I'll be putting a set on my sled as soon as there back in stock. :D

DSC02806.jpg DSC02885.jpg

Premium Features