• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12 duramax denali vs f 350 powerstoke 6.7

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
I like the looks of the GMC. I bought one and don't regret it. You obviously feel so empowered by bashing that truck. I personally think all three have some strong points. But talking up the Cummins is a joke. That truck was so underpowered 3-4 years ago that it didn't even qualify for some of the towing tests for the HD trucks at the Eisenhower Tunnel in Colorado. So then Dodge comes out with an HO version. I'd be pissed if I bought the previous model. Then they come out with transmission changes all to keep up with Ford and GM. Dodge has always had a good diesel motor in it. Cummins always had a crappy truck around it. Chill out with your aggression. The original post was about Ford and GMC. But leave it to a Dodge guy to jump in and save the day.

I never said that they all don't have there faults, but we have a GM salesman on here trying to push GM off as the end all be all, when all he is doing is regurgitating talking points that he has been fed! And here you go digging up numbers from 3 or 4 years ago. Things have changed since 2009! What you think about Dodge truck bodies is exactly the way I feel about GM truck bodies, so I guess we canceled each other out?
I could care less what any of ya all drive, but the bottom line is, you are not going to piss in my pocket and tell me it's rain!

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
How is GM using outdated technology?

They are the only manufacture using cylinder deactivation, intake and exhaust variable valve timing and direct injection on all of their motors In their truck lineup.

There is not one other manufacture that uses all three of those technologies on one motor. They all use the technology but Ford nor dodge have applied them to one motor. One of their motors will use part of that technology and a other motor will use something else.

What technology is ford using or dodge that is so superior compared to GM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be in sales, because you really don't know **** about the mechanics of things! All you do is regurgitate the **** they feed you! Cylinder de-activation dose not work for ****! Variable Valve timing is not much better!
You had better go study up on EcoBoost technology, and yes, GM is copying that!

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
How is GM copying the ecoboost? They are not running a turbo gas motor in any truck.
Ford certainly wasn't the first manufacture to use turbos. GM has been using a turbo motor in their Cruz for at least 4 years now.

GM trimmed a ton of fat:
Saab
Hummer
Saturn
Pontiac
Oldsmobile

The Cruz? You are a youngster!
DO yourself a favor and study up on the Buick "T" Type, followed by the Grand National! If it were not for this, you would not have the Corvette of today!
Now go hit the books young one, because you are in way over your head!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
You must be in sales, because you really don't know **** about the mechanics of things! All you do is regurgitate the **** they feed you! Cylinder de-activation dose not work for ****! Variable Valve timing is not much better!

You had better go study up on EcoBoost technology, and yes, GM is copying that!

When a motor is designed from the ground up to have cylinder deactivation it works great. Variable valve timing is one if the greatest invention to a modern motor. Fuel injection might be the only thing that is better.

Before you used to have power on the low end or high end and with variable timing you get the best of both worlds.

Name one disadvantage to variable valve timing.

You have yet to make any valid argument. If variable valve timing is so bad why does every manufacture in the world from GM to VW to BMW to ford use it?

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I bet you have truck nuts with a Calvin pissing on something sticker to go with your if you're not cumming you're stroking sticker, paired up with a "fear this" sticker and it's a jeep thing. Do you ride a cat?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
BHPete, go away. Once again this thread is in regards to the GMC Denali and Ford Power Stroke. You complain of someone pushing their knowledge and you are doing the same thing. It sucks that there can't be a discussion on HD trucks w/o people getting so competitive.

oilcan iq

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
just sayin

Not going to get into the " mines big then yours battle" but I have a 2011 F250 powerstroke as my worktruck in the ND oilfields with 176000 plus miles on it ya I drove a lot. It has never had a wrench put on other then the routine maintenance, recently developed it's first rattle in the cab and am trying to track it down now driving me crazy. All I'm saying is it's treated me great and will buy another after this one wears out Thanks

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Thanks for your contribution to this section of the forum's milehigh. I always look forward to the newest facts about the GM product lines you provide. First time GMC truck owner here. I've only drove Ford diesels in the past. Super happy with my Denali HD Dmax EXCEPT def tank. Did they relocate that for the 15's?

I almost bought a Platinum Super duty. Saw a white one rolling down the interstate a few days ago. Cool looking truck. Seems like the 6.7's have mostly been a hit. The thing I admire Ford for is stepping out of the mold of "bought" diesel motor's and building there own. Brave move. If it pan's out I think they have a big advantage owning their own technology.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just saying no reception is every reason to get onstar. The phone system works pretty much everywhere. I know I've never been able to find a place where it didn't work.

You dont need OnStar to have that. Check out Viper Alarms. They do the same thing. As for the phone lock, unlock and start the rig.

Ford428CJ

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
Klamath Falls, Oregon
GM = one diesel motor. Ford= 4 diesel motors that keep eating turbos. Ford = Taking Chinese money. Ford still owes our government money over a loan paid to them to develop Hybrid technology, I don't hear you complaining about that.

I dont care what you buy anymore.... But Who are you kidding here!? REALLY! You may want to read this then.... So much for GM Jobs in the USA!

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?46050-GM-to-Build-Cadillac-Plant-in-China

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/04...rom-china-to-the-u-s-says-gm-china-president/

http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013/05/07/gm-to-build-13-billion-cadillac-plant-in-china/

And Chevy Volt!
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011...-cars-in-china-protect-chevy-volt-technology/

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

I wouldn't. But I don't think that car will come to the US. I read about it in another article. China is pushing to manufacture cars in China. That means if GM wants to keep getting Chinese money (which they have done very well doing), they have to produce some in China. The US has the strictest rules on emissions and crash test ratings. That's why so many other countries get cars that never show up in the US.

Anyway, trying to avoid buying Chinese produced items is a goal in our family. But it is very difficult with some of the simplest of things. Try buying anything from Apple that is made anywhere but the US. It can happen but it will take some time.

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
BHPete, go away. Once again this thread is in regards to the GMC Denali and Ford Power Stroke. You complain of someone pushing their knowledge and you are doing the same thing. It sucks that there can't be a discussion on HD trucks w/o people getting so competitive.

Is that the best you can do? If you city fellers like your Denallis so much, I can't fault you for that! Even fat girls need some lovin! If you are into that sort of thing?

The problem we have here is the majority of the people do not come close to pushing the capability of their unit, at least not a regular bases! Take a look at any ag based business or oil fields, and you will find the majority of the units are Ford and Dodges! When you get into the construction trades it seems to be a little more evenly spread!
And I have no complaints of anyone pushing their knowledge as long as they have knowledge to push, but regurgitating a sales pitch with no real life expierance to back it up, ain't going to fly!

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
You dont need OnStar to have that. Check out Viper Alarms. They do the same thing. As for the phone lock, unlock and start the rig.

What system do they use to communicate to the truck? Does your truck need a phone line in it? Onstar is obviously satellite based.

Curios how they get a signal to a truck.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Those vehicles being built in China are for the Chinese market. Nothing new there. Most manufactures build vehicles the same or similar models all over the world. It makes sense logistically.

In most cases the vehicles are quite different than the North American vehicle.

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'm still wait for you to answer my question on how GM is copying the ecoboost. You've yet to answer that claim.

You sidestepped that bit about GM taking a bailout and a sentence later talking about cummins. How is that acceptable? #hypocrite

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Thanks for your contribution to this section of the forum's milehigh. I always look forward to the newest facts about the GM product lines you provide. First time GMC truck owner here. I've only drove Ford diesels in the past. Super happy with my Denali HD Dmax EXCEPT def tank. Did they relocate that for the 15's?

I almost bought a Platinum Super duty. Saw a white one rolling down the interstate a few days ago. Cool looking truck. Seems like the 6.7's have mostly been a hit. The thing I admire Ford for is stepping out of the mold of "bought" diesel motor's and building there own. Brave move. If it pan's out I think they have a big advantage owning their own technology.

I don't know much about the Def tank on the 2015. I agree the current one is horrible. I'd like to think they make it thinner and longer but I don't think it would fit on a regular cab if they did that. Either way they need to find a better design.

As for building your own diesel they did that with the 6.0
It was designed by international but then ford built it. I've hear the international version of the 6.0 flat out runs but the problem is ford using their ecu management screwed everything up. The only real benefit In my opinion is that it is more profitable for ford. I have no issue with a manufacture subbing out a motor or transmission like GM does. Let the people who know diesel motors(Isuzu) or transmissions (Alison) do their thing.

Premium Features