• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Pro RMK. Rumors.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Rumors every one, just rumors.
All new chassis. Under 400 pounds.
The 600 will be a game changer. Have not heard anything about a turbo.

:crazy:

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I would like to know how a 600 could be a game changer without a turbo??? Just speculation of course.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I would like to know how a 600 could be a game changer without a turbo??? Just speculation of course.

Because the current race sled 600 makes more HP on pump gas, than the 800 mono-block does! So if they capitalize on what they have done the last couple of years to the race 600 and bring it to the rest of the consumer sleds none of the other three brands will hold a candle to what the Polaris's will do (with the HP we've been short, or so they claim).

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Because the current race sled 600 makes more HP on pump gas, than the 800 mono-block does! So if they capitalize on what they have done the last couple of years to the race 600 and bring it to the rest of the consumer sleds none of the other three brands will hold a candle to what the Polaris's will do (with the HP we've been short, or so they claim).
Very interesting.
So I do question this, what will they do to the 800?:face-icon-small-con

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

While I don't doubt that for a second can they bring a motor like that into production and comply with epa standards?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I don't think they need to do a damned thing to the chassis right now, GIVE US A REAL F*CKING MOTOR FOR ONCE YOU MORONS.

Seriously, is it that hard of a concept to grasp?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I don't think they need to do a damned thing to the chassis right now, GIVE US A REAL F*CKING MOTOR FOR ONCE YOU MORONS.

Seriously, is it that hard of a concept to grasp?
I remember when the Polaris XTRA 10 suspension came out. That was the Cats a$$ then.(No pun intended). Polaris knows it's time to move on.:clock:

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007

A 600 race sled is designed for a far different purpose than a mountain sled. 600 works well but the torque characteristics and behavior aren't gonna be optimum when the tracks full of snow and the back shifting is to the max.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
A 600 race sled is designed for a far different purpose than a mountain sled. 600 works well but the torque characteristics and behavior aren't gonna be optimum when the tracks full of snow and the back shifting is to the max.

Slick,
The current Mono-block 800 is Derived from the 726 / 797 factory race engines. Which were both built using the 600 small block bottom end. The 726 being the same crankshaft and the 797 a stroked version of the 726. So with the current long rod race 600 throwing out high 140's on the dyno's. With the 600's porting transferred to 800, 900, or even 1000 cylinders and an even longer stroke like Indy Dan has been doing to the 800 mono's for nearly a decade. I think we could easily see at least 160-170 HP in stock trim.

K
May 10, 2009
Calgary, AB
Dream list. New power plant. 399 pounds. Geared down. 2.35 ratio ish. Get those clutches running at 1 to 1 on the hill. New plastics for a different look with black tunnel. Not rocket science here just a couple tweaks. This chassis will be around for another 3 years at least.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Very interesting.
So I do question this, what will they do to the 800?:face-icon-small-con

Screw it up. Again. Poo does killer 6 Liberties. And their last killer big bore, including Fuji was... never.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Slick,
The current Mono-block 800 is Derived from the 726 / 797 factory race engines. Which were both built using the 600 small block bottom end. The 726 being the same crankshaft and the 797 a stroked version of the 726. So with the current long rod race 600 throwing out high 140's on the dyno's. With the 600's porting transferred to 800, 900, or even 1000 cylinders and an even longer stroke like Indy Dan has been doing to the 800 mono's for nearly a decade. I think we could easily see at least 160-170 HP in stock trim.

Well I hope you're right, it would make a great sled even better. Methinks the Cat and Doo sales teams would hate that a bunch.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Way to go Dogmeat, best laugh I've had all day. :face-icon-small-ton and no, it shouldn't be that hard an idea to grasp

fastlane

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
southern Minnesota
Heard from reliable source that all new chassis for 15 but it was gonna be either mountain or short track, not all the same year and he could not tell me which, also he said they have been riding sub 400 lb prototype rmks for a while didn't say anything bout a new motor. But did say the factory turbo has not met emissions yet. He said last year the 14 had no changes from 13 as they were busy working on new chassis and he was right on there so who knows...

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Emissions on snowmobiles? Really? Jiminy Cricket, next thing you know, sled manufacturers will have fuel economy standards to meet. When do we get EGRs and catalytic converters?

I guess I can't complain, I'm surprised 2 strokes haven't been banned yet.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Emissions on snowmobiles? Really? Jiminy Cricket, next thing you know, sled manufacturers will have fuel economy standards to meet. When do we get EGRs and catalytic converters?

I guess I can't complain, I'm surprised 2 strokes haven't been banned yet.

Where've you been? Yup, emissions on snowmobiles. EPA has been a pain in the arse to the powersports industry for the last 5-10 years. New emissions standards go into effect in 2016 I believe, which supports a new motor design for '15 in order to meet more strict EPA requirements for '16....but we'll see.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
For 60th anniversary, the engine will be a 900cc (actually an 866cc) in keeping with anniversary tradition. It will be covered with a guaranteed to self-destruct before 2 years or 1500 mile warranty.

Snowester's will discover from IndyD. that the 900 is actually a reliable engine but only if it is run with Supertech oil.

A "green" option will be available for those wishing to be environmentally conscious. It will consist of an electric motor from a Dyson vacuum (nothing sucks better) and a 30 mile electrical cord. Noise emissions will be more friendly towards wilderness inhabitants. Release of this novel engine option is currently on hold until Polaris finds a way to reduce SMUG emissions. Will be easily towable by a Prius and Klim will release a special Hipster clothing line for this green sled that will include skinny jean outerlayer system only available at Goodwill. Standard green RMK options include PBR can holder and an I-phone holder with charge cord. It will a have an optional flexi-grip handles and riding style called the "South Park" option.

Rumor is that in addition to a green version, a limited edition Duck Dynasty sled option will be available for next snow check. It'll have a hard mounted rife/shotgun case and a Duck Commander V-force self-cleaning double reeded teal hen call.

LOL, priceless!

Can't beat a good dose of humor with a side of sarcasm.

Good one! :biggrin1:

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
The pro-ride chassis is only 5 model years old this season in the Rush and 4 years old in the RMK. They aren't coming out with a new chassis just because of a anniversary. Ski-doo is running a 7 model year old chassis with new body work. Cat is still working out the bugs and Yamaha has nothing but a Cat chassis. Polaris doesn't need a new chassis.

The big thing for '15 will likely be a 4-stroke.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Yeah. Last season, back east, they focussed on letting people ride them out of the box so they could feel the balanced fun package off the dealer floor for a respectable price. So to me that is probably the short track direction.
With snowcross wins it may be all they plan there.

In the mountains though, all they had Burant do was point a finger and say I see the line lol. For a company that IMO had the most exciting vids to pump up the Pro in the past, it seemed to be a bit of a back-off program.

Does that mean they are ready to explode lol with the "fly like Burant" vids on a all new sled this season? Teasers should come out after the "meat' of the sales season and the ta-da ta-dum music could come back lol.

Premium Features