• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Arm fell apart, Polaris won't cover

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I love this thread. :face-icon-small-ton I'll be honest, it's the first one I look at when I log on. This argument has been going on since christ was a choirboy. It's late august, there will be fresh snow in the hills any day now and this thread will dry up and blow away. Sorry to the op for the left turn your thread took but if you wanted to bring your issue to polaris' attention I think you've done that. I have ridden polaris a long time now and my back would love to ride a new pro so come on polaris, put a little more meat back in where it needs it, I don't care about a few more pounds, and put a decent engine in it, why not something along the lines of these new 910's? throw on a set of factory twins and I promise you I will be the first one in line for it.

Last edited:

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Wow. 900 miles? Thats all? Got a short season there or something? LOL!

Take it easy on Grandpa.... You have no idea how many months of laps around the retirement home it takes to get 900 miles. Not to mention all the stops for pain killers because of the arthritis & let's not forget about the mid afternoon NAPS!!

Have some god damn respect he's your elder & you shouldn't talk down to him.;)

:focus: I still say take them to court if all else fails, you've got way too much irrefutable proof not to win. I'll bet a half drunkin monkey could win this case. BTW I can b*tch about this... I'd LOVE to own a T-Poo but I won't until polaris builds something that doesn't fall apart & blow up in under 1,200 miles!! Until then I guess I'm stuck in a Hi-Horsepower tank that can run at least 5/7 hard season without being a bucket of useless parts. My last yam sled ran 10 seasons w/o anything other than basic maintenance.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Sorry about that I should have double quoted that.

Mike_s took a cheap shot at Oregonsledder for only running 900 miles last season, being the underlying issue is he's 60yrs old. Just had a little fun with it.;)

Dig that, hope I'm riding when I'm 60...

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Dig that, hope I'm riding when I'm 60...

First off, 60 isn't old! I happen to be the oldest guy in my riding group and I ride with some guys in there 30's and 40's. I'm NEVER left behind. Another thing, we only ride in the trees so our miles are not snopark kiddie miles like I often see from the younger crowd. 900 or 2K who gives a ****, just ride and quit whining about something breaking. Remember this is snowmobiling... "no one rides for free"!!

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
I guess I'll just never understand why somebody who doesn't even own a pro needs to argue and make a fool of himself like this.

Insecurities caused by a condition called 'micro penis'.....this dude has all the symptoms.....

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
First off, 60 isn't old! I happen to be the oldest guy in my riding group and I ride with some guys in there 30's and 40's. I'm NEVER left behind. Another thing, we only ride in the trees so our miles are not snopark kiddie miles like I often see from the younger crowd. 900 or 2K who gives a ****, just ride and quit whining about something breaking. Remember this is snowmobiling... "no one rides for free"!!

We ride the same tereign, you and i, and i ride with a fella that is as old as you. And im not ashamed to admit it, but i'll be damned if that old man doesnt outride all of us most of the time. Far as my comment goes, no offense was ment, see, we're all farmers here, so we got nothin better to do here all winter. So we ride 5, 6, sometimes 7 days a week. :-D

But i agree, quit bitching, ride what ya got or build your own. Gotta pay to play!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Peace of mind could have you selling your stockers BEFORE they break and buying a set of Cromoly Replacement A-Arms from Timbersled, Alternative Impact, Z-Broz etc.

Sell the "good take offs" in the swap meet or on Ebay... the cost diff will be minor and you can still keep it the same weight or drop a pound or so.

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
This is stemming from an April incident, it's now August.:mmph:

Back in April, I was coming down a hill and caught a bump (NOT A STUMP/ROCK ETC) the A Arm came apart, breaking the shock. It was an obvious glue failure.

I took the sled to the dealership and they had another '13 pro there getting warranty work done for the same problem.

Fast forward to June; Polaris finally got around to looking at the problem and decided to deny my warranty due to "forces greater than the sled was designed for". I'm glad I can watch commercials of Burandt jumping the sled, but a small bump will cause my front end to implode.
I told them I would not take no for an answer and I wanted my sled fixed under warranty, as it should not have broke.

They re opened the case, and today, I received a still not covered under warranty due to forces greater than the sled was designed for.

Obviously if I hit a stump or other object there would be a large dent in the A Arm? There is NOTHING.

What do I do? Can I look into having the dealer buy the sled back, under the lemon law? Between drive shaft issues, 2 blown belts and now this? I'm pretty upset to say the least.

You should ask polaris for the specifications on the front end, and what the limit is for these "forces".

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
This warranty denial has been going on for years.

Remember the fuji triple?

Back in 96' I had a XCR600. Three engine failures in 600 miles for problems with the PTO side bearing not getting enough oil or something close to that (I cant remember what the exact deal was)

Polaris replaced the engine three times, then 24 hours YES 24 hours, after my warranty expired the same thing happened. Blown motor SAME issue.

"Sorry, a warranty is a warrranty"
"Yes but it is a clear manufacturing defect, the same exact issue as the three previous engines"
"Well sir, there is nothing we can do, your warranty is expired and we will have no further dealings with you on this"
After a bit more protest, she hung up the phone on me.

I wrote the company, asked my dealer to further intervene, all to no avail.

From that point on I vowed to never own another Polaris product. That b!tch was so rude on the phone and I was out almost a $1,000.

Went to Doo and Cat from then on.

Point is this: All it takes for a company to lose lifetime business from any customer is to NOT be reasonable. They have no friggin clue what unreasonableness really costs them. Not only did they lose my business, they lost the business of my riding buddies as well. I made it clear to everyone how they would be treated when it comes time to exercise their warranties.

Every manufacturer has designed components for their sleds they really do think will be good. Every manufacturer has failed their customers when this technology does not hold up.

Be reasonable with a redesign and replacement under warranty. In cases like this where the OP lost an A-arm, replace the frigging thing!

One thing is clear, (As evidenced by forums and threads like this) bad experiences get around, people get negative impressions of a company, and they lose sales.

The snowmobile sales market is shrinking, each company is trying to get a bigger slice of pie. The ones that will make it are the ones who are REASONABLE when it comes time to actually back up their claims of a superior sled with a warranty that is actually honored.

By the way, I own a 12' M1100T and that sled has had PLENTY of issues.

T

TheHardWay

Jan 2, 2011
Hesperus, CO
From a business standpoint they are right. A warranty is a warranty. Once it expires you are on your own if you don't choose to extend it (if it was an option back then). Not trying to be a jerk, because it is, in fact, very frustrating in a situation like you were in when you were SOL due to a manufacturing defect just after the warranty ended. The company has to draw the line somewhere. No company is going to continue to offer a "lifetime" warranty once their standard warranty lapses unless its "lifetime" to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone while driving using Tapatalk

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
From a business standpoint they are right. A warranty is a warranty. Once it expires you are on your own if you don't choose to extend it (if it was an option back then). Not trying to be a jerk, because it is, in fact, very frustrating in a situation like you were in when you were SOL due to a manufacturing defect just after the warranty ended. The company has to draw the line somewhere. No company is going to continue to offer a "lifetime" warranty once their standard warranty lapses unless its "lifetime" to begin with.

The OP has a 2013 Pro. Is the Poo warranty only good for 4 months?

T

TheHardWay

Jan 2, 2011
Hesperus, CO
I was referencing the post that Jeff C made , not the OP.
As far as I know, the Polaris warranty is 1 year from the purchase date of a new machine unless the owner chooses to extend it. What I'm saying is that if a motor, a-arm, etc. fails because of a defect within the warranty period, it should be covered with no hassle. Outside of that warranty period, you are petty much on your own.
The OP should have his a-arm covered, just as I had mine covered.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I was referencing the post that Jeff C made , not the OP.
As far as I know, the Polaris warranty is 1 year from the purchase date of a new machine unless the owner chooses to extend it. What I'm saying is that if a motor, a-arm, etc. fails because of a defect within the warranty period, it should be covered with no hassle. Outside of that warranty period, you are petty much on your own.
The OP should have his a-arm covered, just as I had mine covered.

Normally I would agree with you on your comments on the warranty period and the fact that they have to draw the line somewhere.

In my case the last engine failure happened on 3rd day after I got the sled back, and it was the same bad engineering that folded up the previous motors.

That was not reasonable, and it was a clear manufacturing defect that existed from the date I bought the sled.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

This is a consumer product safety issue. This can kill someone! These ALL should be recalled. I wonder if the 14's will be welded again..... I am betting so......

If they are, then this is an admittance that the technology did not prove out, and all the more reason to replace ALL glued a-arms with welded.

Premium Features