• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Mapping help

S
Oct 29, 2008
I just picked up a 08 d8 155" I am new to efi sleds and the Boondocker control box. Any recomendations on mapping settings. I saw the "starting numbers" on the BD website but don't fully understand the Why? Any info would help me out. Does anyone have a proven fuel map?

I ride at 10k elevation in southern colorado, 08 D8 155" with Pump Gas kit

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Call or PM SnowJw, on here, or get ahold of BD, They will be able to help you out, and get you some good starting numbers. Do you have a wideband gauge to monitor? I would suggest getting one, will come in handy while tuning your sled in.
Justin

S
Oct 29, 2008
I saw the starting numbers on the BD website but will be contacting snowJW. thanks.
Anyone else out there have input on what seems to be working for them?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
The "why" is based on BD's testing. I wouldn't really worry about the 08 #'s, I'd be interested if BD is changing the #'s based on the piston/ECU update. You can makes changes based on what you see for plug/wash, EGT and or O2 readings.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I ran 40, 47, 55 most of last year. That said, i never quite got my clutching whee i wanted it, it was maxing around 7900. My 08 would lean out in the 6500-7000 rpm range if I just held it there. This typically happened going 30 - 35 mph down a nice groom looking around at the sites. Kinda odd, but, relaxed trail riding was the leanest condition my sled had. I just kept the mapping at the above numbers and flicked the throttle while on the way to the hill. Hope that helps. EW

S
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks for the input. The mountains just turned all white so I am hoping to find a covered forrest srevice road in the next two weeks to test things out. I am pretty confident I will be able to dial in the clutching as I have a good understanding and expierence in regards to that. Gotta say though, these control boxes are a different game all together. Keep all the input coming....Thanks again

Premium Features