• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Horn Mountain Resorts (Meadowlark) update from Belle

Hey Everone,

Meadowlark is officially open as of Friday! The restaurant and bar :beer;are in full swing and everything was booked solid today (Saturday Jan 12).

Sigh, finally.

The new owners are working the maintenance guys around the clock of late, replacing toilets and sinks and just cleaning the place up a little.

Also we have snow! And plenty of it! :pThere was just a dusting at my house in Ten Sleep this morning but Meadowlark had around five inches. There is still some slushy parts on the lake and from what I understand the three plus feet we have needs to settle a little to make a good, solid base.
Otherwise, the snowmobilers are super happy with the snow we have.:D

Now, I wanted to offer my Snowest buddies a little discount here at the lodge, just to show that we are sledder friendly around here. So although I would love to offer you all more, if you call and make a reservation with us for the month of February and mention this post (say, "Southern Big Horn Belle said I get 5 percent off!") I will give you a 5 percent discount on rooms. I know it's not huge but it's something and the new owners approved it this morning.

OK, that said, I am the nerdy girl with glasses burried under paperwork at Meadowlark, stop in and say hi. Maybe after work I can grab a beer with some of you. Or better yet, maybe I can use one of our four stroke, 1,000 cc Yamahas to go ridin' with ya!

Well, back to the grind....

Southern Big Horn Belle:lips:

mbsieg

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Worland, WY
GLAD TO HEAR FROM YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looked buisy up their this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to the new owners!!!!

R

richardsb014

Nov 28, 2007
Wyoming
Great news. We may very well be up there tomorrow for some testing of our set-ups on some sleds. If so, we will come by for some drinks and food.

Would like to stay, but we live in Worland and have a cabin East of you. We enjoy sledding to Meadowlark to eat and drink when it's worth it. Sounds like you and the owners have made it worth it.

Do I read right??? Your all rent Yamahas?

M

mfatty

Dec 13, 2007
sheridan
[have they started grooming any trail around there yet I from the north end of they horn just wondering how the snow and trail conitions are./B]

They have been grooming, although it's spotty, sometimes there great and sometimes there is 8 inches of pow on the groomed trails. I don't think they expected us to get so much snow this year.

PS it's snowing right now and it doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon.

D

Dakotaheadhunter

Extreme Powder In The Big Horns

BIG HORN BELLE,

THANKS FOR A GREAT 3 DAYS AT THE LODGE! (Meadowlark) We had a great time and the new owners seem to be off to a positive start. Excellent service and a home-away-from-home environment at the lodge. Kudos to the cook, he went out of his way to take care of us.

We put on 200 miles mostly off of trail "P". The best snow some of us have seen in many years!

Belle, missed our ride with you Saturday morning but we will see you again in February====The "BOYS" in C3A.:D

bighorns_012008_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I love the picture!! I hope we can use it on our website or something! I look forward to seeing you all this February.

This morning it is -35 in the Big Horns .... Brrrr. Will keep you posted on any new snow. Take care.

Jilaena AKA Southern Big Horn Belle

bunker86

Premium Member
Jan 27, 2008
Arlington, South Dakota
We are staying at Deer Haven and would like to know if around that part of the horns how the snow is? and Is there a good chance we'll be finding alot of hood deep snow or what we can look for?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
I snowmobiled out of Deer Haven last weekend with a guy that really knows the mountain. He took us into a couple of untouched meadows that the snow was excellent in. I don't think you'll have too hard of a time finding good snow!

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Belle-

Can we get an update from Meadowlark? Thanks.

Premium Features