• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Supercharged M8?

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
They are supposed to be 225 at 8.5 lbs. A 925 bb with 3" track couldn't make it to my highmark in my track. Owner said his sled was spot on before the climb. Mine is a s/c 14 cat with 153 2.6 track. They really are impressive

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
They are supposed to be 225 at 8.5 lbs. A 925 bb with 3" track couldn't make it to my highmark in my track. Owner said his sled was spot on before the climb. Mine is a s/c 14 cat with 153 2.6 track. They really are impressive

No way is it anywhere near 225!

Id say around 180-190 max at that boost level... Been running a couple SC cats here for a couple years (M8 and proclimb chassis) I dont have dyno numbers but running with the stable of sleds its sub 200hp no doubt!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
No way is it anywhere near 225!

Id say around 180-190 max at that boost level... Been running a couple SC cats here for a couple years (M8 and proclimb chassis) I dont have dyno numbers but running with the stable of sleds its sub 200hp no doubt!
That's just what speedwerx told us. And I can guarantee they are well over 200. They will kill any big bore, even at low elevation. 180 is a piped and ported cat. Mine will beat my boondocker cat at even boost level. Not just barely either. They have more power than you think. What clutching, gearing and drivers are you running?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
the standard "pump gas" supercharger kits (with dropped compression less on stock comp ratio) are set at 6-6.5 lbs of boost at 8200-8250 rpm (max) This is the setup my buddy is riding now. He has new pullies coming from jeremy to get into the 8lb threshold.

8-8.5 lbs with a decent mix of 20-30% race fuel. Jeremy is claiming that beyond that point the big boost race gas setups are needing aftermarket ignitions because the proclimbs are blowing spark out.

Turbo manufacturers went through the "200 HP" pump gas 800 setups a long time ago and never made the mark, and we all know that supers dont make the HP per lb of boost as a comparable turbo setup does.

Id love to see dynotech strap one down though!

Last edited:
C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
We have 6 kits at 8.5 lbs now. 100% pump gas. Pull up to the gas station and go. I will put my super charged sled against a pump gas turbo any day. I was skeptical last year and was a big boondocker supporter. Superchargers are the future

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
What elevation? And my pump gas impulse apex eats that supercharger for lunch! Like 6-8 lengths from a dead stop

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
We have been in Seeley which is roughly 4500-7000, up to tepee which gets up to 9500. No matter where weve been they all run very similar. I was hoping to ride with a 2012 cutler turbo which I know runs good, but his plans changed. I got beat every time last year on my boondocker at 8.4 lbs with a 3" track compared to a sc at 6.8

Seriously check your setups. Clutching, rpms, make sure the maps are installed correct, exhaust valves, spark plug gaps, tps is calibrated. Lots of simple things can really affect a good running sled.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
No pros yet. Carl's cycle bought exclusive rights to the kits. We have to buy a kit through them to sell. Weird deal. We did ride on past year with a vipec at 6 lbs. It ran good, not quite as good as the cat at 8 lbs, but actually very close. For sure would beat any poo turbo IMO.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
That sled has 7 tooth drivers with 19/50 equivelant in the belt drive still. Waiting for the mail to bring us taller gearing.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I was in Cooke this weekend. Rode with two aero charged t3 174s. I was about 300 rpms low, and stilled pulled every chute and climb they did. Long difficult pulls too. And my sled has a 153 2.6.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
No pros yet. Carl's cycle bought exclusive rights to the kits. We have to buy a kit through them to sell. Weird deal. We did ride on past year with a vipec at 6 lbs. It ran good, not quite as good as the cat at 8 lbs, but actually very close. For sure would beat any poo turbo IMO.

Any idea who did the Vipec mapping??

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It would have been Sebastian from ViPec with Ron's help. Those two guys are the driving force behind the supercharger/ViPec combo.

EDP

Lifetime Membership
I guess time will just tell on it.

YOU TRULY are a treat troll around and just continue to bash a product that you have never been around never scene when the opportunity has been there TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!! I have offered it to you so many times I cant even recall.
You have one issue with this whole thing and it sadly has NOTHING TO DO with the product. Never once did I state how awesome I am or anybody involved I here to simply help to shed light on the differences on the two different types of forced induction products. You on the other hand have done nothing for the topic other then try and put it down for your own personal vendetta about one of the parties involved in the matter. Its the same thing every time from you.

So me pointing out FACTS is now considered arrogance? Is this suppose to be an all hail one person opinions and nothing else matters? I thought this was a forum for information? People have such a huge mis guided mis informed train wreck going on with this topic bc of people like you holding grudges over how somebody handled there customer service 5 years ago.

I have been getting numerous PM's and questions regarding the kit and price and availability. Yes I was part of the kit and RnD at one point but as of Jan 1 of 2014 The supercharger kit on snowmobiles is 100% a Speedwerx deal I have no benefit or profit on the kit to sell or boost ego's I am simply here to help shed some light on the mis guided information high way we have going on here.

If anybody ever wants to meet up and see one of these things in the Colorado SE Wyoming area feel free to let me know I am a 100% open book and welcome anybody.

By the way Backcountry How many forced induction motors have you been involved in?

Does anybody have a sound clip of a quite night and cricket's chirping in the background???? I Would love to tag Mr. Backcountry in it. Three years now the offer has been on the table and still nothing but $hi7 talk.

Premium Features