• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Choosing the right Venting for your M Series

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
i'd go with mtn fit. (EXACT SAME VENTS AS MODRODS) and they will beat their price garanteed. cheap and awsome, and if you break one they will replace it for you.

If you have to use modrods post to boost your own sales you are a sad person.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Don't pass on the bdx side vent just because its a stick on (frog skin). I use it on my sled, and it works great.
The major player for clutch ventilation is in the shock tower as this will act as a ram air while your moving. The side vent helps the heat escape while the cooler air is forced in.
I have a mesh hood, so the rising heat given off by the motor is evacuated resulting in a cool engine bay, however when banging deep powder climbs, the shock tower vent seems to be the biggest benefactor for clutch heat.

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
Don't pass on the bdx side vent just because its a stick on (frog skin). I use it on my sled, and it works great.
The major player for clutch ventilation is in the shock tower as this will act as a ram air while your moving. The side vent helps the heat escape while the cooler air is forced in.
I have a mesh hood, so the rising heat given off by the motor is evacuated resulting in a cool engine bay, however when banging deep powder climbs, the shock tower vent seems to be the biggest benefactor for clutch heat.

you ever have trouble with those clogging up or breaking? do you use bdx in the shock tower too?

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Does anyone have pics of the BDX ones installed? The pic on thier site makes them look like a kids craft project....... If they are anything like the frogskinz hood vent covers, I'm in.

I have had 2 cools int he past and they are very nice. My only complaint is the aluminum does bend if you hit it just right. You can't go wrong with thier service!

Last edited:
J
Jan 18, 2009
Sudbury, ON
I'm worried with the shock tower vents that if I run water (which is very common) my belt will get wet right away. I'm sure it will still get wet with side panel vents but not as easily. I guess I could make something to close it off when I run water in the spring.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This might come as a surprise to you, but rather than ranting and making yourself look like a fool, why not try sending a PM directly to the Moderator that made the change and ASK him WHY he did it?

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
If you have to use modrods post to boost your own sales you are a sad person.

its funny you say that. for 1 i thought it was justindacey's post. for 2 im am not bill, just one of his friends that doesn't think its right that you guys think its ok to screw people the way you did, so again i see not one cent for any of his sales. and last but not lease didnt your brother brad (hater) try boosting your guys sales from this post.

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
its funny you say that. for 1 i thought it was justindacey's post. for 2 im am not bill, just one of his friends that doesn't think its right that you guys think its ok to screw people the way you did, so again i see not one cent for any of his sales. and last but not lease didnt your brother brad (hater) try boosting your guys sales from this post.

I think every one got the sob story from your other post. Are you really going to keep crying or are you trying to screw bills sales. Yes that was my brother that posted And if you could read. The post asked at the end what vents to go with, we put in our 2 cents.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
I think every one got the sob story from your other post. Are you really going to keep crying or are you trying to screw bills sales. Yes that was my brother that posted And if you could read. The post asked at the end what vents to go with, we put in our 2 cents.

yes i can read, and just like you i put my 2 cents in, i simply suggested mtn fits vents, your the one that called me sad for doing the exact same thing your brother did. and all this has been great for his business, oh yeah he has been answering his phone and emails since this all started, so if anyone needs to get ahold of him its 100% easier than before

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
wow it takes a bunch of pissed off people calling him out to get a buisness to pic up the phone. You are good for business

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
Does anyone have pics of the BDX ones installed? The pic on thier site makes them look like a kids craft project....... If they are anything like the frogskinz hood vent covers, I'm in.

I have had 2 cools int he past and they are very nice. My only complaint is the aluminum does bend if you hit it just right. You can't go wrong with thier service!

YUP. i posted pics and installation instructions on the first page of this thread.

K
Nov 26, 2007
venting pics

AMP makes the guage cage that works well, it takes your guage and pushes it out and up so you can see it better and at the same time releasing hot air through the original hole. its not that big but heat rises, so imo this would be better than both side vents.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
my vote is for fastlanes or 2cool, i've been running fastlanes for 3 years now with no issues and my brother has 2cools and they also work great. i have a modrods hood vent on my hood and it to has been good with no damage or problems and i will definately buy from them again when i get around to ordering some dash vents for next to the speedo. plus the modrods have some sweet looking designs.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I got Mo-Flow vents they are awesome!! This is my second set i had them on my 07 and now on my 09. They are great product and awesome price, and great to deal with. Highly recommended:beer;

73GOLIATH

Jan 3, 2008
m vents

hi
i like the bdx design but they will tear if you ride in the trees alot also the slp vent is a third the size of everybody else's and will tear als the 2 cool vent look good and work good but the price is up there along with the modrods i am running fastlanes right now have had them for three years no problems i will be putting the moflow on the side panels i just order because the fitment is the best and the price is really good to
just my to cents

also i dont recommend cutting out the whole inside because if you tree bash you can break the side pannel i use a unibit (1/2 in ) and make a pattern much stronger

K
Jan 22, 2009
Medicine Hat Ab
If you want something durable go with Timebersled. The are made from perforated aluminum, not some cheap fabric or mesh. I put a pair on my M8 and let me tell you, if i manage to put a hole in them im going to have a lot bigger issues that a broken side vent.

New sled.jpg

Premium Features