• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trip to the dentist vs. BRP parts counter

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Had the afternoon off to go to the dentist.

Got in there, walked right into the chair. had to get a cavity filled. watched 1/2 a seinfeld episode and it was all over. seriously. out the door. crazy.

total bill $121

Well, with the rest of the day off, I thought i would go grab some parts. Phoned the first dealer in town. After a 20 min debate on 09 vs. 10 sleds he finaly was able to grasp the part i was looking for. This, with a buddy of mine at the dealer literaly pointing at the part i needed on a sled for the parts guy.

Nope, we dont have those. We can get them though. Sorry we need cash up front and it will be a week.

Phoned the other dealer. They had them. Great. Oh ya, and i need a belt. Ok sir, that will be $185. I nearly dropped to the floor! Seriously $185 for a fricken belt? Who do they think they are. Needless to say i will be going elsewhere.

Fairly crazy when you can get a cavity filled for less time, money, and pain than getting a belt from BRP.

C

Concrete Mike

Dec 11, 2008
Cranbrook
I wouldn't order direct from skidoo web site either.After calling 4 dealers for clutch and starter parts not one had everything i needed.so i figured just order of line and all would be great.So far order went in Jan.11 took till
Jan.13 to fill order with expected delivery 1-2 days.Turns out parts were not picked up for delivery till Jan.15.The parts finally left there on Jan.17.Some may say whats the big deal well I live in southeast B.C. and my parts are coming from Moncton N.B.:eek:By truck:eek:.Acording to tracking info it will
take 6 more days.So for a Guy like me that rides 3-4 days a week I'm pulling
my hair out.Ihope every order isn't like this or somebody's going out off bis.
Because a week from a dealer would be a dream.

Sorry for the rant Mike

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I wouldn't order direct from skidoo web site either.After calling 4 dealers for clutch and starter parts not one had everything i needed.so i figured just order of line and all would be great.So far order went in Jan.11 took till
Jan.13 to fill order with expected delivery 1-2 days.Turns out parts were not picked up for delivery till Jan.15.The parts finally left there on Jan.17.Some may say whats the big deal well I live in southeast B.C. and my parts are coming from Moncton N.B.:eek:By truck:eek:.Acording to tracking info it will
take 6 more days.So for a Guy like me that rides 3-4 days a week I'm pulling
my hair out.Ihope every order isn't like this or somebody's going out off bis.
Because a week from a dealer would be a dream.

Sorry for the rant Mike

Did you try Motor Tech, they are semi-close?

C

Concrete Mike

Dec 11, 2008
Cranbrook
I tried motor tech just for the springs & bushings a week earlier but they only
had one.turns out John sent everything back when he was Quiting but now they are restocking again.I have been dealing with Playmor Power in the west
Kootenays but they also were missing some parts.I had the bushing slide out on the primary, so there is parts toasted that aren't all that common apperantly.

D
Sep 10, 2008
i live in golden and miss motor tech dearly, bought my first sled from them and many in between, you dont know what you had till its gone lol..........

Premium Features