• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will complete Axys rear suspension work in a Pro-ride chassis?

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Will complete Axys rear suspension work in a Pro-ride chassis? I know the rear shock is a little different length, not what I am asking, I am wanting to know if the mount points and skid position would be correct if a Axys RMK rear suspension were swapped under a Pro / Pro-ride RMK chassis? Example: put a complete 2016 163 Axys skid under a 2015 163 Pro RMK.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I hope so because I sold my pro ride with the skid from my axys.

I can confirm it will bolt up. Riding wise i did the swap in summer time so can't say.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Here are some measurements I took from two different Rmk pro sleds at two different times. If someone has the measurements from an axys you can compare. I took them from a sled with skid installed on the 2012, and from a 2013 that was an open tunnel, so there may be some slight differences that were recorded, but I believe the 2012 and the 2013 are the same.

My sketch shows the 2012 has a shorter dimension from the drive shaft CL to the bulkhead. I believe this may be due to the front heat exchanger in the 2012 that the 2013 did not have.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 2012 Pro Rmk rear skid mounting.pdf
    242.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 2013 Pro Rmk Skid mounting sketch.pdf
    219.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I was thinking that C2C on the bolts would probably be the same... if they are that would be good. So I guess unladen ride height would also be a concern, as well as some measurement like the distance from the front mount point to the tip of skid rails to get an idea of position in the tunnel... to make sure it is not too far forward or backward. If the track fit for you and tensioned up that is also a good sign.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I know I tried moving the rod parallel to the rear shock from my Pro-Ride onto my AXYS (both 163) and it was a different length. They look the same until you get them side by side. I had to tighten the shock spring to get by with it for a weekend.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I know I tried moving the rod parallel to the rear shock from my Pro-Ride onto my AXYS (both 163) and it was a different length. They look the same until you get them side by side. I had to tighten the shock spring to get by with it for a weekend.
I knew that area was different, that is why I was specifying a complete suspension swap so the components do not matter only the entire unit...

Premium Features