• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge RMK 800 turbo

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
Just started on my turbo project,
Greddy td06 17c turbo,
finally figured out how boondocker makes their vented spill-proof oil tank,
and made such one :)

for you guys riding, or have built a DIY 2-stroke turbo, I'd like your input, because I have never touched a 2-stroke turbo before.

DSCF1657.jpg DSCF1678.jpg DSCF1669.jpg DSCF1680.jpg DSCF1681.jpg

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
I'm anxious to see how this goes for you. I'm planning on putting a turbo on my edge 700 this summer. I'm thinking of using a aerocharger so I don't have to worry about the oil tank though. Good luck!

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I might be crazy but are you sure you have the exhaust going into the inlet of the turbo. One of the pics makes it look like you have it going into the down pipe and the inlet is facing the motor.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
IMAG0053.jpg

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
I might be crazy but are you sure you have the exhaust going into the inlet of the turbo. One of the pics makes it look like you have it going into the down pipe and the inlet is facing the motor.

I know it looks weird, but the end of the pipe is to be blocked off, the exhaust goes out at the side of the pipe, more pics to come soon :)

does anybody know where to find a simple inline oil filter?
does a inline fuel filter work, or is the oil too thick?

F

francois

Sep 2, 2010
Quebec, Canada
curious to see how this thing turns out! Not too sure I understand where the flange from the stock pipe will connect tho?

for the inline filter that's what we all have I think. Seen some of them pretty much in every autopart shop. Youll need a electric oil pump too! and use full synthetic lightest oil you can find. i.e. 0w5

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
I'll take pictures of the pipe today, it is almost finished,

this is the list of parts so far, it also shows the turbo, it handles up to 380hp on a car application

Turbocharger-Greddy td06 17c
FPR malpassi for carbed turbo (mc-xpress)
Wastegate, cheap 38mm v-band
Fuel pump Walbro 190 l/h
Oil pump Greylor 24volt
Boost meter
2x thunder power jets
koso dual egt w/RPM and water temp
OEM edge 800 pipe

the oil tank shows on one of the pictures at the table, hangs behind the turbo

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I know it looks weird, but the end of the pipe is to be blocked off, the exhaust goes out at the side of the pipe, more pics to come soon :)

does anybody know where to find a simple inline oil filter?
does a inline fuel filter work, or is the oil too thick?

Polaris has on on the newer IQ sleds. My 2007 has one.

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
Can you give me some details on the oil tank? I have to make one for my setup.

you mean the non-spilling system?

just make the tank about 3 times the size of oil you want into it,
and the vent pipe should end in the absolute center of the tank,
since the tank is less than half filled, the oil will never reach the center of the tank, no matter if your upside down or rolling

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Space

If you upgraded your chaincase to the 2004 with the phantom brake you might gain some space and then the dipstick is more toward the bacj side instead of down front.

I've put them on my 2002 Edge XC and my 2003 Edge RMK. They use a tensioner more of the Pro-X style with the bolt pushing the tensioner directly and the tensioner rides in slots in the case and cover. The brake mounts to two vetical flanges so it's quite a bit narrower on top as well. It's a direct bolt on and all the later model Edges, even the 550 fans came with them and the brake. If you got a brake from the 550 fan you could tuck your hose back by the oil tank and get it out of the way as well. the newer brakes are not liquid cooled.

2000 Indy XC's had an inline oil filter. Dennis Kirk has them or OEM Polaris.

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
Ths sounds like a great idea:face-icon-small-coo How much oil capacity did you build in?

i buildt the tank with a capacity of 1.5 litre,
planning to add only 0.5 litre of oil.

here is some more pics, showing my weird pipe :face-icon-small-hap
if I detach the oil tank, the whole exhaust system with the turbo installs in one piece.

next turbo-day I might start looking at the pressure box and carbs

CIMG1209.jpg CIMG1210.jpg CIMG1214.jpg CIMG1211.jpg

redmtn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2007
N.E. OR
Thunder products power jets

watch those thunderproducts power jets, they can turn in on ya in a hartbeat with the sleves, they get loose quick. Had to tape mine to keep from turning in. I found out the hard way the first time. I finaly just gave up and got a set from TurboPerformance that actualy work and stay put. Another plus there about half the price.

Last edited:

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
watch those thunderproducts power jets, they can turn in on ya in a hartbeat with the sleves, they get loose quick. Had to tape mine to keep from turning in. I found out the hard way the first time. I finaly just gave up and got a set from TurboPerformance that actualy work and stay put. Another plus there about half the price.

do you mean they turn in even with the rubber/plastic sleeves on?

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
You wrecked your pipe by welding flat plate on the end. Look up pics of old psi center dump single pipes. You need to have cone on the end for the scavenging to work correctly.

Ztiggi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2010
Norway
You wrecked your pipe by welding flat plate on the end. Look up pics of old psi center dump single pipes. You need to have cone on the end for the scavenging to work correctly.

Yeah, maybe you got a point there,
I've seen them PSI pipes,

I'll try it this way for the first time, I can change it later if it doesn't work any good.

Premium Features