• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Sidekick Clutching??

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
Just curious what people are running for clutching on the sidekick setup for the Axys at 8k-12k.

I'm running green/red primary spring with Polaris 70g weights. Secondary I'm running black/yellow spring with stock helix. RPMs are about 8500. I'm thinking I should go back to 68g weights to get the rpms up. I ride from 9-12k feet.

Other than that this setup flat out RIPS!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
Your running 8500 rpm and you want to increase that? I would think you would want to add a couple grams and bring it back down to 82-8300.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
According to BD 8600 is the ideal tach. These motors rev a bit higher than the old pros

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Surprised the stock helix isn't burning up belts (belt getting pulled through the secondary w/o bite)

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Surprised the stock helix isn't burning up belts (belt getting pulled through the secondary w/o bite)

I tried stock helix for a bit and was blowing belts left and right (turbo axys). Steeper angle fixed the issue.

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I tried stock helix for a bit and was blowing belts left and right (turbo axys). Steeper angle fixed the issue.
Was your belt deflection correct? What elevation? I've had zero belt issues. I haven't heard of many people having belt issues at all.
Basically what I've gathered, and I could be incorrect on some of this but:

-If running the stock helix with 70g weights you need to run the black/ylw secondary spring.

- if you don't want to change to the black/yellow spring then you need to run the 44 helix.

-If you run the stock black spring with 68g weights you don't necessarily need the 44 helix.

So my debate for MY setup is to either keep what I have, which is black/yellow secondary spring, 70g weights and stock helix.
OR
Stock black secondary spring, stock helix and 68g weights.

Both setups are with stock helix. In a nutshell, the 68g setup with give me a bit better bottom end and the 70g setup will give me a bit better finish with a harder hit. Some of this info I just gathered so I thought I'd share.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Was your belt deflection correct? What elevation? I've had zero belt issues. I haven't heard of many people having belt issues at all.
Basically what I've gathered, and I could be incorrect on some of this but:

-If running the stock helix with 70g weights you need to run the black/ylw secondary spring.

- if you don't want to change to the black/yellow spring then you need to run the 44 helix.

-If you run the stock black spring with 68g weights you don't necessarily need the 44 helix.

So my debate for MY setup is to either keep what I have, which is black/yellow secondary spring, 70g weights and stock helix.
OR
Stock black secondary spring, stock helix and 68g weights.

Both setups are with stock helix. In a nutshell, the 68g setup with give me a bit better bottom end and the 70g setup will give me a bit better finish with a harder hit. Some of this info I just gathered so I thought I'd share.

Elevation 7-9K
When running stock helix with black/lime secondary I was having issues. Yes, deflection, alignment etc is spot on.
My angle is a hair steep now - I'd like to be flatter but overall not bad. Again, my current belt has 200+ miles w no issues.

FWIW...

Primary spring: 160/310 w/2 derlins.
Weights: 70s

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
I think I figured out my clutching :)
564424b0140d663882bc3fa5c6d40a6c.jpg

Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
well what did you come up with?
Mine is 70g weights, green/red primary and black/yellow secondary. Pulls much harder from mid to top. If you switch to stock black secondary it's a bit quicker pull on the bottom but doesn't pull as hard up top. But still a great option. It's all preference and that's what a couple buddies are running. Both setups are perfect though

Premium Features