• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FLAT-LAND switchback & rmk thread!!!

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
1st. ran a couple set ups today. 66-44-.46 secondary helix with a team red spring. Epi primary clutch kit( Not worth the money so don't even try it) Geared it 25 top and 37 bottom. Pulled pretty good but the epi kit sucks.

2nd. Tried slp's recommendations of a slp blue/pink spring with 74g weights and it was much much better with the secondary still set up the same as the 1st.

3rd. Ran Slp setup on primary and same setup on secondary and took the top back down to 24 teeth and I LIKE IT!!! Pulls hard all the way through and is a rocket. Belt was nice and cool and the clutches were nice as well.

The epi Kit has too much weight with too stiff of a spring. If you want to spend the money on a kit then go with what SLP recommends. Great setup for the primary and as for the secondary I will be going to the white/black spring just to give the secondary a touch more belt squeeze.

Hope this helps

T

TrailRebel

Feb 4, 2010
Butler, WI
I will be going to the white/black spring just to give the secondary a touch more belt squeeze.

Honestly, I ran the TEAM Black/White and didn't like it at all...I did gain some top end from the 260 finish rate, which makes me believe that the belt was slipping with the TEAM Red/Black, but the 160 starting rate is just too much for trails...expect to see a higher cruising RPM and a loss of mileage. I think the secondary will really like the TEAM Red/Pink, which is the best of both worlds, 140/260. JMHO.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Honestly, I ran the TEAM Black/White and didn't like it at all...I did gain some top end from the 260 finish rate, which makes me believe that the belt was slipping with the TEAM Red/Black, but the 160 starting rate is just too much for trails...expect to see a higher cruising RPM and a loss of mileage. I think the secondary will really like the TEAM Red/Pink, which is the best of both worlds, 140/260. JMHO.

I like your thinking :)

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI

TEAM Red/Pink works great Rebel.... finally got to putting it in and I am happy as all hell.... Thanks for that pointer!!!

Aug 12, 2013
IL
I was thinking of updating the Secondary spring to the Red/Pink...

But do I need to change the stock primary and gearing as well to see a benefit?

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I was thinking of updating the Secondary spring to the Red/Pink...

But do I need to change the stock primary and gearing as well to see a benefit?

If you are trail riding with some off trail riding then go with the setup that I listed earlier with SLPs recommended clutching for the primary and leave stock gearing

Aug 12, 2013
IL
Sounds good! Yes I mainly trail ride with some off trail.

So that would be..

Slp blue/pink primary spring with 74g weights

66-44-.46 secondary helix with white/black spring? Or did you go with the Red/pink?

Last edited:

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Sounds good! Yes I mainly trail ride with some off trail.

So that would be..

Slp blue/pink primary spring with 74g weights

66-44-.46 secondary helix with white/black spring? Or did you go with the Red/pink?

Red/Pink.... white/black kept the cruise rpms too high and mileage went down the toilet. The red/pink kept the cruise rpms down and saved my mileage. 70+ mph I was around 6000-6500 rpms

Premium Features