• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP 860 Surging at 7-8000 rpm

A
Dec 27, 2007
I have a 860 XP when pulling on a hill it surges between 7-8000 rpm. The EGT's are around 1120 tried jetting down from 430/420/410 to 400 no change. Changed out DPM off another sled that was running fine no change. The inside of the air box is soaked with fuel, indicating too much fuel , checked V-Force reeds and they are fine. I had this problem last year, thought was TPS had it set in spring but never rode it since.Raves slide fine.
Any suggestions ...........................:confused::confused::confused:

F

Frenchie

Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Check the solenoids for the 3D Rave system, I had a bad one on mine and similar results, bogging on top end... Other than that check your clutch bushings if they are somewhat worn out it will cause clutch to bind not shifting properly...Had that happen too!
Good luck

A
Dec 27, 2007
I believe it has to be a fuel issue. Since the air box is soaked with fuel. Clutch is not sticking i did check it and clean it also. How can a person check the raves?

S
Nov 30, 2007
Colorado
Not sure if it'd be your problem, but my 07 had a bad surge around 6700-7200rpm, 25-30mph. It turned out to be a casting flaw of the metal inside one of the carborators. Just thought I would pass it along, because a changing the carbs out for new ones completely fixed my problem.

A
Dec 27, 2007
Nope not that I hope! I found the raves plumbed backwards! Fixed that then i had a loose connection to the TPS that had everything go nuts! Found Doo never pushed the terminal into the black weather proof connection all the way. So TPS was off and on giving code errors. And intermitent rave functions. So I hope fixed in Revy tonight ride Frisby tomorrow for the big test!

Premium Features