• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMSHA-JACKSON HOLE WC HILLCLIMB TMS 872

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com
Another great weekend for our sponsored racers at the World Championships at
Jackson Hole over the past weekend March 20-23rd. Only 2 total 1st place finishes
were posted by Ski Doo in the Pro classes and both were won by local Thayne
Wyoming racer Tom Roby, He won the Pro Masters 1000 improved class aboard
his 2014 872 improved stock package. Also the Pro Masters Mod class with his
Aerocharger built 800 mod!

All of our 10 sponsored racers were on board there 872 build sleds in various classes
through out the event posting some great results also, The Mountain there was
challenging to even the best of talent with some of the deepest and longest trenches
and vertical walls ever seen. This is an event that all should see at least once to watch
the amazing talent that these dedicated racers have developed.

We proudly sponsor this great group of racers which helps us continue to develop our
line of products, especially our 872 packages for both the Etec and R based Rotax engines.
We utilize this format to do R&D on our products along with continued testing on our
SuperFlow 901 engine Dyno facility which leads to more powerful and durable consumer
products.

It was great to be at the event again meeting some our new racers and also seeing again
the large number of friends and racers from many years of being involved in this amazing
event.

Dave Trygstad
http://trygstad-motorsports.com
Your Leader in Rotax performance and Development

M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
I watched this event on Sunday during finals on live feed. I had my headphones on and plugged into my laptop, the sound was great and with a little (XM) channel 25 music piped in I sat from 8:00 till my arse couldn't take it anymore which was about 3:30. There is some amazing talent for sure! The only thing the video didn't provide was the true scope of how steep and big those ruts or moguls were! I hope to make it out there next year as it looks like a real fun time. One thing i did notice was that "Ski-doo" was just about none existant in the 600 classes???? need to address that in my opinion.

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
600 class

I watched this event on Sunday during finals on live feed. I had my headphones on and plugged into my laptop, the sound was great and with a little (XM) channel 25 music piped in I sat from 8:00 till my arse couldn't take it anymore which was about 3:30. There is some amazing talent for sure! The only thing the video didn't provide was the true scope of how steep and big those ruts or moguls were! I hope to make it out there next year as it looks like a real fun time. One thing i did notice was that "Ski-doo" was just about none existant in the 600 classes???? need to address that in my opinion.

FYI we are working on that, very important class to be overlooked,
And yes the top half of that mountain was a site to be seen even from the chairlift it was unbelievable, let alone heading up into that from a riders perspective!

Dave Trygstad

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Best way to describe the upper 3rd of the hill is VW size moguls. By Sunday the trenches are everywhere. Didn't attend this year but in years past the upper hill is a mess.

DPG

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy

Exactly, skidoo has basically handed Polaris and Cat free wins by not running anything in the 600 classes.

M

Mach-ster

Jan 5, 2008
Best way to describe the upper 3rd of the hill is VW size moguls. By Sunday the trenches are everywhere. Didn't attend this year but in years past the upper hill is a mess.

DPG

Perfect description! when I lived in Denver back in the 80's and would go skiing, that is exactly what I use to call the Black and Double Black Diamond runs! very steep and full of VW's (a ha ha ah) forgot to give Kudo's to Tom Roby during that run near the top where he was hanging on just by his arms and his legs flinging from side to side!! hell of an effort to hang on after thrashing for a mile up a Mtn that was for ever changing from run to run. :first:

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I'll say this Dave, the sled was on the money this weekend and getting better. 1000 Improved was a smaller class, but incredibly competitive. There is very little a person can do to prepare for what that hill is like on Sunday. Pure and simple it's insane haha. Posting my first Top 5 as a Pro was a huge step for me especially at Jackson (my favorite hill of all time anyway). I definitely left a lot on the table though, and it showed. The 872 is an incredible platform, and I can assure you there will be a lot more podiums to come from all the riders using it. Expect to see more Doo riders in the 6/700 classes as well.

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012

I'll say this Dave, the sled was on the money this weekend and getting better. 1000 Improved was a smaller class, but incredibly competitive. There is very little a person can do to prepare for what that hill is like on Sunday. Pure and simple it's insane haha. Posting my first Top 5 as a Pro was a huge step for me especially at Jackson (my favorite hill of all time anyway). I definitely left a lot on the table though, and it showed. The 872 is an incredible platform, and I can assure you there will be a lot more podiums to come from all the riders using it. Expect to see more Doo riders in the 6/700 classes as well.

Great job Mitch on your continued move up the ladder, A top 5 at that
event is huge, Get some more time on that package and it will continue
to get better,

We are always working on making our products better, Best thing about
you 872 package is that it can win anytime in that highly competitive
1000 improved class and then ride it as your daily sled all week long!!
Another benefit is that its the hottest resale package of anything out
there today.
Keep up the great job and watch the rear idlers, (Jason)

Dave Trygstad

Premium Features