• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

push turbo???

P
Feb 24, 2008
Wenatchee, Wa.
anyone have any info on push turbo??

website??

phone??

any info ??

ever heard of such a company ??

I just went to the puyallup snow show and I looked at a turbo set-up but not sure what the out fit was called??
I think it was 'push turbo'????

anyone??

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
pushturbo.com

His ad says pushturbo.com. But I can't find it. The phone number is 651-303-3867. Sorry can't remember his name one of the first persons I talked with at the show.

Tell me what you thought I was pretty impress with what he had to offer but, like you I haven't heard of this company.

Things I liked was everything was polished TiAL and the ss exhaust system. what are your thoughts on the injection cooling system?

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
I was completely impressed with Ken's technology & engineering.
That turbo looks as good as it is fast with a 2 year warranty to boot.
And the kit comes plug & play.

I got one on my Christmas list...

Saw it at wa snowshow

anyone have any info on push turbo??

website??

phone??

any info ??

ever heard of such a company ??

I just went to the puyallup snow show and I looked at a turbo set-up but not sure what the out fit was called??
I think it was 'push turbo'????

anyone??

I looked closely at his kit at the show. Pretty interesting stuff this guy is doing. First off, it the only external TiAL wastegate kit Ive seen. Its the only kit that has an actual oil cooler. Its the only kit that has truelly all flexible mounts for the turbo... and, it is the only kit Ive seen that has more of a ypipe charge box running straight equal distribution into the tbodies. This thing is a serious work of art...everything is polished!. comes with oil pressure, fuel press, boost controller. No clutching stuff is included with kit... but it does have a 2 year warranty which is, well, longer than your reeds or pistons will last :( the 1000 was going for $6595 and the 800 was $6195 )

something to consider, for sure. Hes from Michigan or something like that he told me... so its been tested at sea level pretty relentlessly.

Im getting really excited about all these new guys coming out of the woodwork... pressing the industry further and further into making better and better kits....

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
Huh

From what i can i see its like import turbos more bling more power!!! How heavy is it and the air box is 3 poorly welded pieces of tubing not equal just cheap, and after you buy this where do you get the clutching ovs,boondocker,twisted????? I guess if you want a shiny new waste gate go for it, that waste gate should make tons of power!!!!!!!!!!! Push on

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I am not going to say a thing. At this point i feel like the only guy who drank way to much coke , at a party full of sober people. I cant seem to shut up.:D

Yea that looks really NICE.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
To me it looks like a pretty quality kit. From the pics the welds look just fine and top notch. Granted I haven't seen the kit in person but I see no reason to bash on someguy who is trying to make a living and introducing a new product on the market that is just a little bit different than all of the other kits.

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
Saw the Push at Puyallup too I did.
Got a bit of a chance to talk to Ken, (from Minnesote) and here it is.

Compressor housing and compressor wheel are billet alum. Housing is supposedly shaped for increased flow, and light weight of total spinning mass means quicker spool-up. Claims to have 4 lbs boost by clutch engagement. I was quoted a price of $5695 for 2009 M8 kit.

New controller scheduled for mid Dec to Jan release. Supposed to read all parameters as stock ECM and also fuel octane, then dial in boost and fuel ratio for maximum blast off.

Hype sounds great and looks as nice as any kit going( better than quite a few). Seemed very well thought out.

As far as clutching, didn't ask. Suprised to hear that it is not part of the kit. Always have had to figger out my own anyway. I never seem to ride the same conditions, altitude, weather, whatever...

Talk is cheap and horsepower costs money. Wanna ride one. If claims hold water, buy one I will.

Last edited:

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
From what i can i see its like import turbos more bling more power!!! How heavy is it and the air box is 3 poorly welded pieces of tubing not equal just cheap, and after you buy this where do you get the clutching ovs,boondocker,twisted????? I guess if you want a shiny new waste gate go for it, that waste gate should make tons of power!!!!!!!!!!! Push on

You have pretty much no idea what has gone into the push turbo system. Ken offers things no one else in the industry does....... and he does it for a reason.

1st off, he uses Forced Performance Billet HTA turbo's, they have revised compressor wheel geometry that increases the flow rate out of a given size turbo AND creates LESS heat when compressing the air and on the upside the wheel is lighter which leads to a reduction in boost response. FP has been around for going on 20 years, they are a leader in turbo technology and have put many a racer on the podium.

2nd, he is offering a TIAL V-band turbine housing, it is both lighter (9 lbs on a GT35R, 7 on a GT28) and better flowing (investment cast 310 stainless, no porting needed) than the stock Garret offerings.

3rd, the tial wastegate is going to allow precise boost control and response, down to a 1/4 psi increments in my expierence and its stout, hardened valve and valve seat that don't swell under the use of race gas..... no one ever uses race gas in sled. :face-icon-small-dis

4th, the fuel intercooler has been in use in the automotive world for 15+ years, it works and it works well. Its also lighter than a traditional intercooler and offers consistent performance even when you are at low ground speed where a traditional intercooler may suffer from heat soak.

5th, the oil cooler is going to extend turbo life and let you run the proper oil for the turbo, unlike some kits out there that recommended 2 stroke oil in the system, BTW thats bad mmmkay children. (mr. garrison voice)

Everything that has been done in the Push turbo kit has been done for a reason, lots of crossover from the automotive world can be seen in the kit and the reasons he uses these parts are pretty apparent if you talk with Ken or do some research on the products he is using.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Push turbo's

Last year was my first year using push and I had a a great year on my sled. I had to make an adjustment to the kit for my style of riding but I also had a OVS tial last year and had to Tunnel dump both. I like to run 14-16lb of boost and I hate to run inter coolers mainly because of the weight and heat soak and I ran up to 18lb last year with no issue. Kit is very solid and not one rusting components in the kit the only one on the market. That was my sled at the show with the tunnel dump.

Issues Ken is a one man band and gave his cell phone to every one and had it as his main contact # well needless to say he could not take all the calls. So this year a few select dealers have stepped up to help out and he has committed to us to deliver the product. We will take all orders and tech calls and he will supports us the dealer network. The kit is to be dealer installed and dealer supported. The idea behind that is less head aches for customers . We will sell the kits but if you need some installation help you can call the dealership that you bought the kit from not the manufacture. We the dealers we doing this for all the other kits just not selling them the product.

So for now I recommend you call
Dakota Performance
8128 Hwy 3
Wishek, ND, 58495
PHONE:701-452-4212

Mountain Magic Sports
29 W. Oneida
Preston, ID, 83263
PHONE:208-852-0400

In Canada call
Brown's Leisure World
Hwy#10 E. - Box 5023
Yorkton, SK, Canada S3N 3Z4
PHONE:306-783-8933

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Clutching

He has clutching just gives you the option and I think soon it will be included but then the price will have to go up at least 250.00

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
5th, the oil cooler is going to extend turbo life and let you run the proper oil for the turbo, unlike some kits out there that recommended 2 stroke oil in the system

I have a question about this. I asked over in the Polaris section and no one wants to answer over there so I'll try here. Has any testing been done between a turbo with an oil cooler and a turbo without an oil cooler to see which one lasts longer? I don't know a ton about car and truck turbos but I don't think my truck has an oil cooler before the turbo...does it? If the turbo has a water jacket, why cool the oil?

My theory here (and its probably flawed) is the cooling the oil is going to raise the viscosity of the oil...right? When I called and asked garret what the best oil to run in their ball bearing turbos they told me a synthetic low viscosity motor oil such as a 0W or 5W oil because of the snowmobile application.

So I guess my question is, it there or has there been any real world testing or engineering that proves that cooling the oil going to the turbo is good for the turbo and not in fact causing premature wear on the center section?

Oh, and I agree that two stroke oil is not the best oil to run in the turbo.

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
Just my 2 cents.

Automotive and diesel turbos are supplied by MASSIVE quantities of oil helping to carry away excess heat from the seal and bearing. They routinely run 700,000 miles. We wanna run the ragged edge of performance with minimal extra machinery, many turbos have been installed with no pump, just a small reserve. I guess I am trying to say that longevity and reliability is the goal here.

Also, you don't see many water jackets on turbos smaller than those on ships. If the turbo actually has a water jacket, that is a new one on me. I didn't notice it on the show machine, but I ran short on time.

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
oil cooler

The way it works it will not keep oil cold just help to keep it cooled down. It never gets real hot and the idea is if you are running coolant and a cooler oil in will help keep it cooler and last longer.

I have a question about this. I asked over in the Polaris section and no one wants to answer over there so I'll try here. Has any testing been done between a turbo with an oil cooler and a turbo without an oil cooler to see which one lasts longer? I don't know a ton about car and truck turbos but I don't think my truck has an oil cooler before the turbo...does it? If the turbo has a water jacket, why cool the oil?

My theory here (and its probably flawed) is the cooling the oil is going to raise the viscosity of the oil...right? When I called and asked garret what the best oil to run in their ball bearing turbos they told me a synthetic low viscosity motor oil such as a 0W or 5W oil because of the snowmobile application.

So I guess my question is, it there or has there been any real world testing or engineering that proves that cooling the oil going to the turbo is good for the turbo and not in fact causing premature wear on the center section?

Oh, and I agree that two stroke oil is not the best oil to run in the turbo.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Just my 2 cents.

Automotive and diesel turbos are supplied by MASSIVE quantities of oil helping to carry away excess heat from the seal and bearing. They routinely run 700,000 miles. We wanna run the ragged edge of performance with minimal extra machinery, many turbos have been installed with no pump, just a small reserve. I guess I am trying to say that longevity and reliability is the goal here.

Also, you don't see many water jackets on turbos smaller than those on ships. If the turbo actually has a water jacket, that is a new one on me. I didn't notice it on the show machine, but I ran short on time.

While I see what you are saying with the volume of oil, you also have to consider that the engine is also using/heating this same oil. While my truck uses 3 gallons of oil, it's also a 6.7 liter engine heating that volume of oil. Think about an import car, they hold about 4 quarts of oil and both the turbo and the engine are working to heat that oil and there is no cooling. They turn over that 4 quarts of oil pretty quickly. In a 2 stroke turbo, the only thing heating the oil is the turbo and on a ball bearing turbo the oil pressure is really low, like 1 or 2 psi so while they only hold a 1/2 to 1 quart of oil, the oil isn't being heated by the motor, the only thing heating the oil is the turbo itself and the full capacity of the oil is being turned over very slowly. Cold starts are the hardest thing on an automotive turbo and engine, partly because the oil has drained into the pan but partly because the oil is cold and moves slowly. I understand where the theory of cooling the oil comes from, but isn't that the job of the coolant we pump through the turbo? I guess what I'm asking is, is there any solid engineering or testing that has proven that cooler oil is better for a turbo than warm oil?

I don't want to totally pollute this thread with this topic, I'm not trying to say that push has it wrong. I only put it here because it's a selling point of this turbo and I have questions about it. If we need to move it to another thread as not to derail this one I'm fine with that too. It seems that the turbo manufacture and some of the kit builders have a different opinion about whats best for the life of the turbo, I'm just wondering if the theory's that are being used by kit builders are supported by any real world testing/engineering and if so, what are the results of that testing/engineering? Again, not turning this against push.....they are not the only builder doing this.

Premium Features