• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 Summit jetting/clutching help

S
Jan 17, 2010
I have a summit 500 fan Hac that I just got that has 300 miles, it is like new.. The problem is that I'm trying to jet it better for my elevation.

It had stock 200pto/190mag jets with the needle in the lowest bottom clip/slot position.
I changed the jets to 185pto/180mag jets with the needle in the middle clip/slot position.
idle mix screw out 1-1/2 turns.
Primary Clutch in #2

1- I am not exactly sure as to what my plugs and piston wash should look like,color etc? tried doing a search and it wont let me open the post?

I have been running it in the back yard on grass and it runs better that stock with these jets, but I think there is room for more? I also tried the needle in the 2nd from top/slot and the mid range was quite noticeable over the middle clip/slot position. It spooled up quicker and was "peppy" but I reverted back to middle position. "worried that I might mess something up? Any help would be great!

2-When testing main jetting...do I run it wide open for a little bit then kill it, stop, then check color?

3- Also is the needle more for mid range throttle?

4- How do you know when to stop lowering/leaning out the needle?

also any suggestion with clutching,positioning,different spring/weights and suspension set ups would be great... Thanks

I know this isn't a mod sled but its all I got for now. Trying to make it run its best.
riding will be Tonysgrove, Providence, type areas
elevation...Logan Utah, 5000ft---9000ft?
I weight 160lbs
bluewalkerlionhound@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Premium Features