• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 ZX 800 HM - Extending to 159

E
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Idaho
I'm looking for help on the best way to setup my zx chassis with a 159" track. I bought the sled used and one of the previous owners stretched it from a stock 144 to a 151 by cutting the rails and splicing in pieces and I think they moved it back and down also. I'm not completely happy with how it climbs as it has plenty of power but tends to dig a tunnel. I don't think the track has the right angle as it is. I'm afraid the splicing job on the rails won't hold up for extensions?? What's the best (best bang for the buck) way to set up a 159"?

Thanks in advance for any responses. :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Extending to 159"

If I'm not mistaken, in 02 Skidoo slid the skid back 3" or so. I had a 99 600 ZX chassis that I slid the skid back 3.5" to change from a 144" to a 151". It worked great and was informed that it now had the same approach angle as the 02 & 03 sleds. You have to remove the rear hangers and move them back also. I purchased some universal hangars so that I could adjust the skid up or down. Ended up keeping about the same height. To make up the difference from 151" to 159" you could move it back the 3.5" and maybe the rest with the tension adjusters or just move it back the full 4". If you do go the full 4" you want to make sure that you won't need an anti-stab kit. I didn't need one on my conversion. Good-Luck!!

E
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Idaho
Thanks for the responses!

Thanks for all the advice guys. Sorry for not responding sooner. Work and home life has been busy since the Thanksgiving break. I've got some research to do on the suggestions made.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell Montana
i am taking mine apart monday i am installing a complete skid from a 09 xp in it i would sale ya the whole skid out of mine with the 159 track and anti ratchet deivers complete package for 600 bucks every thing is in great shape no rips or missing lugs from track.the track is a 159 x 15 camoplast challenger.

Premium Features