• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T trade in

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
The stock fox float is too progressive, so I have evol chambers to put on as well... and it's wide, more of a trail sled width. I'm hoping that between the both of them, it will sidehill properly with a little bigger balance window, which stock it doesn't have, feels like on a knife edge right now. If the evol thing on the float shock doesn't cut it, I will just bite the bullet and get the ones that Turbie runs. Cam gets a lot of miles on in a year, and if they work for him, they should be more than enough. I forget what make they are, do you know Gene?

I've used Raptors for a 3-4 years now, Cam started using them on his sleds too. I think you can get away with Evol chambers on an 800 and be happy but there is nothing like coil overs on a 4s. Always found on an air shock that making it stiff to resist bottoming out made it too hard to compress when you want to pull it over. A coil over is real consistent and predictable with the added weight of the 1100 and I was always playing with air pressure in mine. It was always a compromise.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
What's the difference between the Evo motor mounts and engine mounts?

I ment to say engine brackets. They replace the factory tabs that are welded to the front of the cooler. 12s had very small tabs that cracked off the cooler dumping antifreeze on the ground at the most inopertune time. 13s were better but still saw some issues. Evo's motor mounts are harder durometer rubber so the motor actually stays where it should. Factory rubber mounts varied from 30-80 durometer when tested. Hard to keep belts on when the motor is sagging on the mag side like we always see.

Turcatbo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2015
I've used Raptors for a 3-4 years now, Cam started using them on his sleds too. I think you can get away with Evol chambers on an 800 and be happy but there is nothing like coil overs on a 4s. Always found on an air shock that making it stiff to resist bottoming out made it too hard to compress when you want to pull it over. A coil over is real consistent and predictable with the added weight of the 1100 and I was always playing with air pressure in mine. It was always a compromise.

Gene, so was your sled in the Saskatoon show with Cam's? Nice. Yeah, raptors is what I failed to remember :) I'll try the evol chambers first, but... deep down I already know that's where it will wind up. Thanks for the input. I was hoping the evol thing would make the float more linear, but I suspect not enough. Oh well....

Snowmo, for me, it's more a matter of reliability. I just did all of it, because it's a long haul to the mountains from here, and when it breaks up high and way back, it's even farther to get it back home. It has NEVER blown a belt, or made me walk, even tho everyone just knows they have all these issues :face-icon-small-win I do my own wrenching, and have learned over the years racing stock cars, the most important thing is reliability, to be able to drive it on the trailer at the end of the day. Pretty much all the changes I did were to more insure that, rather than waiting and seeing. One chopper ride pays for a lot of parts, and really sucks for your buddys to have to try dragging a disabled sled out. Cam's stage 3 kit is golden in that regard, sort of a one stop fix for a lot of small things that can add up over time, and redistributes torque related stresses over all the components, rather than using the chaincase bearing as a pivot point for the entire drivetrain.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Gene, so was your sled in the Saskatoon show with Cam's? Nice. Yeah, raptors is what I failed to remember :) I'll try the evol chambers first, but... deep down I already know that's where it will wind up. Thanks for the input. I was hoping the evol thing would make the float more linear, but I suspect not enough. Oh well....

Snowmo, for me, it's more a matter of reliability. I just did all of it, because it's a long haul to the mountains from here, and when it breaks up high and way back, it's even farther to get it back home. It has NEVER blown a belt, or made me walk, even tho everyone just knows they have all these issues :face-icon-small-win I do my own wrenching, and have learned over the years racing stock cars, the most important thing is reliability, to be able to drive it on the trailer at the end of the day. Pretty much all the changes I did were to more insure that, rather than waiting and seeing. One chopper ride pays for a lot of parts, and really sucks for your buddys to have to try dragging a disabled sled out. Cam's stage 3 kit is golden in that regard, sort of a one stop fix for a lot of small things that can add up over time, and redistributes torque related stresses over all the components, rather than using the chaincase bearing as a pivot point for the entire drivetrain.

Thanks for some
Good info guys.

I ride a turboed pro for all the off trail riding.

I bought this 2012 1100 to pull a Equinox snow coach when we go on family days. So for 80% of this sleds life from here on out it will see trails and won't see over 40mph. You guys foresee the sled having issues doing this? I bought the sled with about 500 miles on it still on original belt. Has had all the factory updates done.

Turcatbo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2015
I would think it's geared a tick high for that, and if there are belt alignment issues, you'll find out about it sooner than later. If the clutches get hot, look at alignment first. I have the OSP alignment tool, it makes it easy. Good luck with that, the sno coaches look like fun.

Premium Features