• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$1000 for trade in?

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Hey I know that we are suppose to get a $1000 back from polaris if we trade our 11 in for a new 12, but doesn't anyone know that exact details? Called one dealership on friday and they acted like they had never heard of that!! Happens to be the dealership that claims to be the biggest in the country!!!

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I don't know all the details? But my local dealer was saying Polaris has raised the price of the Pro's $750 bucks over last years snow check.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
my dealer told me something about a $1000 trade for an early snocheck on the new 600 that would end very soon if not already. I thought it was for any trade in. Haven't dug into it yet for details but yah. Would also like more details.

hiwayman

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Glencoe MN
If Shawn at Mies doesn't know anything about it. it probably isn't happening. I own an '011 assault and have heard nothing about this $1000.00 except on threads here. If it was part of last springs snow check it should be in writing somewhere. Bristows also acted like I had a screw loose when I asked about it there.

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
The 1000.00 was part of the snowcheck. From what I was able to find out at the time I snowchecked was you got your best trade in from your dealer and Polaris would shell out another 1000.00 toward your new sled. I am not sure of the timeline that one has to follow though in order to collect this though. I wish it was in writing somewhere, but I also wish I had a copy of the 4 yr. warranty in writing as well. Thinking I may put in a phone call to area rep and get some more details.

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
If you snowchecked a sled last spring, you get a 1000 rebate when you snowcheck a new 2012 this season, both dealers near me are doing it.

plumbpowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Nampa, ID
you have to trade your sled into the dealer and then polaris will send you a polaris voucher credit card worth $1000.00 you had to snow check the sled last year to be eligible

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
it was advertised right on the polaris snowcheck page last spring, and my dealer knows about it.... make your best deal on trade in for ANY polaris (sled, bike, wheeler, watercraft) and get 1000.00 from polaris on top of what the dealer gives you....was good for 1 yr ....

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Hey I know that we are suppose to get a $1000 back from polaris if we trade our 11 in for a new 12, but doesn't anyone know that exact details? Called one dealership on friday and they acted like they had never heard of that!! Happens to be the dealership that claims to be the biggest in the country!!!

mies outland huh. If they dont know about it id be skeptical.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
it was advertised right on the polaris snowcheck page last spring, and my dealer knows about it.... make your best deal on trade in for ANY polaris (sled, bike, wheeler, watercraft) and get 1000.00 from polaris on top of what the dealer gives you....was good for 1 yr ....

You mean to trade in your 2011 Pro for any Polaris vehicle right?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
You mean to trade in your 2011 Pro for any Polaris vehicle right?
yes, trade in the snowcheck 11 pro against anything polaris sells....

wheres Eric(MH) when you need him, I bet he knows where the thread is from last spring that talked about the rebate for trade in.....

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
It is for any 2011 sled bought before 2-28-2011 not just snowcheck customers 800's get $1000.00
600 rush models get $500.00 The form to fill out is on the polaris dealer page under news and links/snowmobile 2011 snowcheck ask your dealer about it

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IT IS CALLED THE "PRO-RIDE" SATISFACTION GUARANTEE...FACTORY TO CONSUMER REBATE PGM

The dealer should know about this... But the dealer does not handle the $1000 REBATE. That is directly from the Factory to YOU. :face-icon-small-hap

NOTE: This is for the ORIGINAL purchaser of the sled... not available if you bought the sled used.

It is paid in the form of a gift charge card... I believe, a Visa Gift Card that you use like a charge card... just keep track of it and use all the $$ on it. (I've used the last penny at the grocery store when it got low)

It must be traded in to a dealer and it is up to you to negotiate the best trade in value with your dealer. In fact... it would be best for you to "play dumb" with the dealer about this so that it is not factored into the trade in value... and make sure that you are not signing anything afterward that releases your claim to anyone else.

You take your sled to your dealer. Negotiate your best trade...take delivery... fill out the form with your new VIN number (You will get the VIN when you take delivery of your new 2012 next fall)... then send in the form and wait 8 - 10 weeks after you send in the form next fall for the rebate.

DO NOT let this become a factor in what you get for a trade in as this is from Polaris Industries to YOU.

FROM THE FORM
Consumer must take delivery of qualifying 2011 model on or before February 28, 2011. All rebate applications must be post marked
within 12 months of original MY11 qualifying model purchase. Please allow 8-10 weeks for processing.

The only "sticky" part of this is weather or not the date you snowchecked is considered the date of purchase or the date you accepted delivery and paid the balance off on the sled... Look at your purchase receipt for the date of sale.

Here is a snapshot of the form that YOU send in. Enjoy:face-icon-small-coo

attachment.php

PRO-RIDE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Hey MH do you know if this was just a US thing or if Canadians are eligable as well?

I never heard about it when buying my Pro, however, it sounds like some US guys were in the same boat?

Premium Features